• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New project Underway

BurritaSVT

Veteran CEG'er
Well as most know I have one project on the way for the duratecs already the SC which I bought a rolling chassis for so the project will finish because like most projects I am waiting on the parts or a thrid party machine shop.

A local guy who knew of me very well had 4k in cash and came to me with a 240sx with a silvia body kit on it plus 300zx brakes LS1 Rear-end and a manual tranny converted. He wanted me to turbo charge his 2.4 liter stock motor but I told him I am not interest in doing stuff already doen before. I like to do new projects where I can make copies of and resell to other customers. I don't need the money but I like to have the publicity of doing a swap never done before.

Well As most know the 95 nissan has alot of room under the car and is RWD.........:) so I told him I would do a turbo duratec with LS Tranny. Now I will buy two motor taurus 2004 and a LS motor to see if I can use the taurus motor instead of the harder to find LS motor. We will build mounts and make a bellhousing adapter plate so that we can mate up the taurus motor to the LS tranny. We will keep it single turbo for now keeping the stock bottom end.

The benefits to usign the duratec is the weight is less or the same as the stell block by nissan. The Duratec we know can handle over 400hp stock parts so if we can get the tranny to hold under boost we will have a quick car. I will be posting pics of the whole build here. The guy is going to give me $3500 up front and just want to make sure we beat his brother build who had over 5k in the SR20DET motor while keeping the cost under him too. I will mock up everything and make duplicates because if this projects does well I can see this kit selling alot especailly for us Duratec fans.

Now I found a tranny for $320 and a LS motor for $550
Here are a list of parts I think I will need

Engines LS 2003 & 2004 Taurus
Tranny LS $320
Drive axle
Motormounts LS
SVT cams
LS flywheel
LS clutch
LS P/S or Taurus
A/C bracket Fabbed the Nissan compressor same spot on car great
Maybe the LS intake or the Mazda6 reversed or SVT reversed with spacer
Contour Alternator
MSDS headers modified
300 ZX radiator w/ fans
Contour PCM with wiring harness donated by Bagged
Fuse box harness donated by Bagged
NPG custom turbo kit
Our goal is to stay under 5K in parts
and make 375 whp at 12 psi

I will be getting the car two weeks once his truck return from the body shop less then two weeks.

This will be fun especailly when I can do it at someone else expense.......

Sounds like it's going to be a fun and interesting build. :shocked:

Hope it goes good... this would be great for all d-tec fans! :laugh:

I hope you will be posting pictures of everything, and I mean everything.

I have been working for a few months on gathering measurements, accumulating parts lists, designing adapters, etc... to put a Duratec into my Mustang, but the project is stalled in early design due to a lack of funds or employment. I am anxious to see what you do, so my project is easier whenever I am able to finally begin construction.

This could turn out quite well and be potentially AWESOME! I hope this happens and I would love to see it. Have fun!

VERY awesome idea. I can not wait to see the progress of this build. I never really thought of going with a lighter engine in the 240sx. I always just thought of LS1's! Very unique and great idea Joey.

Whats the point of using the LS tranny. If you're going to be making a bellhousing adaptor anyway just pick up a T-56 or something similar. I should add that I don't know what trans is actually in the LS but im going to assume its not all that strong.

So the getrag 221 doesn't bolt up to 'our' engines? I swear that I read about a few guys doing so in the UK by using the Jag/LS clutch and a normal duratec FW.

Either way, I'm veeeery interested in seeing how this turns out! I have a local guy that wants a Duratec in his 280Z :ponder:

Last edited:
Whats the point of using the LS tranny. If you're going to be making a bellhousing adaptor anyway just pick up a T-56 or something similar. I should add that I don't know what trans is actually in the LS but im going to assume its not all that strong.

well i am assuming it may not need one but I want to use 2004 taurus motor and I may need to add a spacer if I need to clear something but I am hoping it bolts right up

I went look at two local car lots for LS and I saw the 2001 and the 2005 the intake manifold is fricken huge on the 2005 and they were also able squeez out 235 hp out of the 2005 so the manifolds are much difference in size and really look like a great design. So I will have to play around with manifolds to we will most likely run the car NA first to see what we can get out of the motor using the 2005 manifold.LS. I will be posting pics of the car tonite. Joey

Here is the car we will be modifying oh I messed up it was a skyline kit on the car and we are going to maybe make a plate for the transmission because the tranny has upgrade unlike the LS plus It will be a easy swap for a NA car to uses their orginal tranny.

Here are some snap shots before we start

240SXProject 002.jpg

240SXProject 003.jpg

240SXProject 005.jpg

240SXProject 006.jpg

240SXProject 007.jpg

5K used right in an SR20DET nets a sick-ass car. Building something faster with less money based on the 3L will be one hell of a feat. Good luck *thumbup*

this sounds like a sick build. i like how people will rather seperate themselves from the crown and try new things. one of my close friends has a 240sx with the sr20det and has a few upgrades and a good tune and is putting 290hp at the wheels. and is the process of recreating his setup to a top mount t3/t4 turbo pushing 22psi with bigger injectors modified intake manifold and a stand alone management system and will easily be pushing 400hp. but this is why i mean by being unique and taking those extra steps to being different. goodluck keep us posted.

sounds awesome.....i want one!!!! if and/or when you start making these how much would you sell the finished product for? assuming the body was beat all to hell (body work isnt a problem)

I just received the two engine this week I want you to notice how the Lincoln LS intake looks . I personally like the design from the outside perspective but when I do the NA test we will swap back and forth between the two intakes to see which one does better. here is the pic of the two engines I have a busy week coming up next week. Joey

new%20pics%20005.jpg

new%20pics%20010.jpg

I've never seen the LS intake before... but it looks like its plenums are much larger (longer). Its opening on the 'wrong' side of the engine is a little odd though.

Back