• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New FPV Limited Edition Vehicle

The reason we don't get cars like these, and others, from Europe for example (Focus Cabrio??) is thanks to the DOT.

None of these cars would stand up to American crash tests.. plain and simple.

The reason they can't be directly imported, as is, to the US is due to crash test requirements, yes. But the Pontiac GTO, and now the Pontiac G8 are shining examples of the fact that it CAN be done, and relatively easily. The G8 GXP (on sale later this year in the US) is an americanized version of the direct competitor to the Falcon FPV cars. There is even a euro version of the same car in the Vuaxhall VXR8 as well.

Older thread I know. Car is just so dog gone hawtttttt!

Ford_FPV_F6_637_1280x960.jpg
http://s2.desktopmachine.com/pics/Ford_FPV_F6_637_1024x768.jpg

except if that car came over, or even close to it, there would be an unbelieveable amount of used mustangs at dealerships to choose from...

except if that car came over, or even close to it, there would be an unbelieveable amount of used mustangs at dealerships to choose from...

i dont think so. mustang guys like coupes and already :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: about the weight of the GT500s. im sure these sedans are no lightweights. they'd all just say, why dont they come in coupe form? who needs 4 doors?

i do! :cool:

Back