• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New addition......going for broke

CSVTFGM

CEG'er
2006 Ford GT in rare Tungsten with Silver stripes and 900 miles on the ODO. Needed something to keep the Noble company............Fast Company. Which one is faster??????

EXOTIC1..jpg

Getting crowded in the shop, had to get some four post lifts. Notice the Saleen and my other CSVTS as well as some more additions. The BOSS 302 Laguna Seca is under the cover on the left behind the race tires and a 930 Turbo under cover on the right...........

EXOTIC3..jpg

EXOTIC2..jpg

FGM

I worked at TI automotive when they were developing the GT. I worked on the fuel sensor (It is a piezo sensor not a float) I got to sit in and work on one of the test mules. Wish they took me for a ride but is was the middle of the winter.

1988 Toyota Soarer, RHD, imported from Japan..........

I saw the Black SVT Ford GT test mule when I was a SVTOA Administrator. The GT was in the "top secret" SVT skunkworks in Dearborn behind the Big Wall. The car had a full roll cage and a •••• load of electronic equipment and telemetry on board. Both the inside and the outside were looking pretty rough, they obviously beat that prototype pretty hard. The F250 that they used to test the first engine on the street was in the storage lot along with all kinds of other bizarre test vehicles.

FGM

id say someone has a few coins to spend.. nice bro.. howd you land the Saleen??

i notice the extra Tred front and rear bumpers.. dont suppose youd wanna kick those my way huh? haha

I've had the Saleen for a long time, bought it from Bouma. Getting ready to build a proper 3.0L for the Saleen.......

Good parts are gett'in hard to come by. gonna keep 'em...........

Got my eye on a couple of '88 Saleen Mustangs with low miles...........maybe soon.

FGM

id say someone has a few coins to spend.. nice bro.. howd you land the Saleen??

i notice the extra Tred front and rear bumpers.. dont suppose youd wanna kick those my way huh? haha

3 of my dream cars are pictured there. Saleen, Noble, and Ford GT. Very nice cars with that awesome garage to put them in.

I wanna drive all the cars in that picture minus the 930 turbo and the Toyota. Love the mustang GT turbo :drool: for those interested that's a 2.3 turbo car

I bought the 1980 Cobra Turbo from the original owner. It has 18K original miles and looks like it just rolled off of the showroom floor. No rust underneath, original belts, hoses, brakes.......everything. The Recaro interior is perfect as is the paint and stripes. Here's a pic............

SC6..jpg

I wanna drive all the cars in that picture minus the 930 turbo and the Toyota. Love the mustang GT turbo :drool: for those interested that's a 2.3 turbo car

As if we weren't jealous enough before. lol. Nice GT...and a good find in that color. What do you do for a living, and how do I get in?? lol

I want to say thank you for giving the Saleen and a Bondurant Contour a proper place to be stored. The only thing I would say is leave the Saleen alone! :) Don't add a 3.0L to it, keep it stock. Of if you do add a 3.0L, make it a hybrid if you can so it has the most stock like appearance that it can. And yes, Joe, Julian and I are sad people to where we see all those cars and all we pick up on is the Saleen. :)

And since my old car is for sale in your area, I say you buy it! http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?80180-1999-Contour-SVT-3L-St220&daysprune=60

...And yes, Joe, Julian and I are sad people to where we see all those cars and all we pick up on is the Saleen. :)

:laugh: Oh i picked up on the others 'raido, trust me. I just happen to be a sucker more for exclusivity than most anything else. Out of all those cars, the only car to which there is NO OTHER is the Saleen tour. Plus, i know i can't afford the gt & noble now nor in the forseeable future. Dwelling on & desiring to own them is simply torture. "Sad"? Perhaps... lol

Very unique collection and awesome facility. Being that you have one imported RHD car...you will probably want my 1 of 1 RHD SVT Contour when Im done with it. Hopefully by the end of the year.

Back