• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New 3.5L V6 Swap

I've been learning his for years, from the internet, books, magazine, and anything else that has something intelegint to say.

sorry, maybe I underestimated the guy that just recently had something about big hammers fixing everything in his sig. maybe it was because earlier he was trying to claim that bigger was better with tires, which is not really true.

I havent really seen him do anything but tell me I'm stupid. oerhaps he could enlighten us all? that was my initial comment, wasn't it?

And you wonder why EVERYBODY hates you? :rolleyes:

Seriously...any partly intelligent person can tell you "how" to calculate the roll center, but can I actually do it? No. Can you actually do it? No. You just partly understand the concept. Shut your effing mouth because no one wants to hear it in an otherwise informative thread.

And you wonder why EVERYBODY hates you? :rolleyes:

Seriously...any partly intelligent person can tell you "how" to calculate the roll center, but can I actually do it? No. Can you actually do it? No. You just partly understand the concept. Shut your effing mouth because no one wants to hear it in an otherwise informative thread.

Whew! I'm glad you remembered to put that :rolleyes: in there so we would know you're being sarcastic.:nonono:

..and back on this suspension argument about the center of roll or whatever else bull:censored::censored::censored::censored:, WHO CARES!!???? I sincerely doubt any of you all are knowledgable enough about the topic to use the information to better the suspension systems of your cars without trial and error.

Whew! I'm glad you remembered to put that :rolleyes: in there so we would know you're being sarcastic.:nonono:

no crap, because one guy can speak for everybody right....

..and back on this suspension argument about the center of roll or whatever else bull:censored::censored::censored::censored:, WHO CARES!!???? I sincerely doubt any of you all are knowledgable enough about the topic to use the information to better the suspension systems of your cars without trial and error.

it's irrelevant. I wouldn't have got into this stupid debate if the guy would have initially agreed that rim width, tire width ect only changes the shape of the contact area, not it's actual surface area.

it's irrelevant. I wouldn't have got into this stupid debate if the guy would have initially agreed that rim width, tire width ect only changes the shape of the contact area, not it's actual surface area.

You poor thing, you just had no choice.

Also, for some reason I don't see any Corvettes running around with donuts on the rear. Those poor design engineers don't realize that huge tires are worthless.

It's a thread that is going to be full of people arguing. I am surprised it has turned to bickering about how much people know about tires, traction, and suspensions.

It's a thread that is going to be full of people arguing. I am surprised it has turned to bickering about how much people know about tires, traction, and suspensions.

I've learned not to be surprised by anything people say on this forum... especially when they fail to understand your sarcasm when countering someone else's.

Rim width is NEVER changed by itself. Your argument is completely irrelevant and pointless. Tire stiffness will change, as will the stiffness distribution, even with the same tire on two different rim widths. Consequently, the tire pressure needed will be different, which in and of itself will change the contact patch shape and size.

Kaos, seriously, you need to just keep your mouth shut, you spout off about so many things that you barely have the smallest grasp of, trying to make it look like you are some sort of expert. Hell, I've got a BSME, almost a decade of OEM automotive engineering experience, several million vehicles on the road with parts I've designed, and 5+ years of experience helping run and crewing for a successful professional road racing team, and I STILL don't consider myself an expert in the strictest sense of the word. I can still easily recognize where other people know a lot more than me, and I listen to, and learn from them. I submit, there are a lot more people around that you can learn from on this stuff than there is for me, so it should be MUCH easier for you to shut up and listen instead of spouting off on things you have barely scratched the surface on.

Rim width is NEVER changed by itself. Your argument is completely irrelevant and pointless. Tire stiffness will change, as will the stiffness distribution, even with the same tire on two different rim widths. Consequently, the tire pressure needed will be different, which in and of itself will change the contact patch shape and size.

Kaos, seriously, you need to just keep your mouth shut, you spout off about so many things that you barely have the smallest grasp of, trying to make it look like you are some sort of expert. Hell, I've got a BSME, almost a decade of OEM automotive engineering experience, several million vehicles on the road with parts I've designed, and 5+ years of experience helping run and crewing for a successful professional road racing team, and I STILL don't consider myself an expert in the strictest sense of the word. I can still easily recognize where other people know a lot more than me, and I listen to, and learn from them. I submit, there are a lot more people around that you can learn from on this stuff than there is for me, so it should be MUCH easier for you to shut up and listen instead of spouting off on things you have barely scratched the surface on.

kelso_burn.gif

thanks meester know it all, I especially liked this part:

trying to make it look like you are some sort of expert.

lets get back on topic here, so how awesome would a prostock engine be in a contour

we could even augment the acceleration with twin rocket engines

to stop we will use a parachute

and dont forget to fill the drag slicks with expanding foam

Back