• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My turbo 3L hybrid build

Thanks, I got it!! I had one of those that came with my turbo kit I bought. But it was installed right on the intake tube. What I am going to do is run mine just like you did and then T it off to the intake tube. Problem solved. Thanks!

I would run it exactly like the guy did in that thread I linked to you, I can't really remember exactly how the svt intake manifold runs the pcv but its not just a regular vac line. Certain vac lines go certain places and some dont matter as much. Also make sure you use a strong hose that wont collapse on you.

so if i run it just like that using strong Fuelline can I still T- a line that runs to the valve covers and over to the intake pipe?. Or should i use another oil separator for the intake pipe?

If it was my car, I would run all the vac lines just how they are stock. So dont worry about the valve covers at all, the air is going from the intake into the valve covers from what i read. Now run a line from the PCV to the oil separator and back into the manifold like pictured in the second pic if you wish to. BUT if you have an exceptional amount of oil coming out of the PCV which it sounds like you might, you have something going on. How many miles and how much oil is in the intake? Sounds like you should have worked some things out before you just bolted a turbo on.

get a turbo coupe pcv valve. and its alot more to remove the system then just pulling and plugging the pcv valve.

What does it cost total? If I am able to do my own R&R. Do I send him mine? Rad, what was the process and end price you went through?

I had already pulled my tranny, he gave me these shipping instructions and followed them. you just buy a tote and load it up in it. ship it out (shipping was like 70 bucks or somethin one way) I provided new shift forks (like $120) I also provided a new TOB (whatever they cost I got one with my clutch kit) I had him do the keyed shift tower and replace all my synchros. I must have paid, with shipping, around $1000. Once my dad is awake I will go get my reciept and let you know

FastFord, I had no issues with my engine proir to adding the turbo. Only thing is I never had oil cooked on the intake runners but not fresh like now. I am going to clean them up, and run my oil serperator just like you said and just hope everything goes good after that. BrApple, will just any turbo pvc valve work? And are they built for the extra oil pressure? I could do that! So, run the seporator and add a new pvc valve that is stock on a turbo vehicle?

You dont need a turbo car PCV valve, but they are typically built to seal better. Your current pcv valve probably doesn't seal under boost and is causing all that oil to enter the intake. I had to open 3-4 packages of PCV valves at the parts store before I got one that sealed. Brand new PCV valve from the ford dealer wouldn't seal!

Test them by blowing thru them, they should only allow air to go one way.

for sure. I looked for other pvc valves but non looked like a straight plug in. So I am just going to clamp my stock on in and run a catch can/filter

for sure. I looked for other pvc valves but non looked like a straight plug in. So I am just going to clamp my stock on in and run a catch can/filter

or for $10 you can get one from a Ford dealer for a turbo coupe and its a dirrect drop in. just use the fitting on the top off of the contour .... and it will seal because its designed for this use.

When I walk in and ask do I just say "turbo coupe"? What car exactly? Year, model? Are ypu talking bout the old turbo probes?

When I walk in and ask do I just say "turbo coupe"? What car exactly? Year, model? Are ypu talking bout the old turbo probes?

I had to know the year. i think I asked about a 87. The turbo coupe was the cougar or thunderbird, I don't recall at the moment.

Yes, old thunderbird turbo coupes. I think mustang SVOs used the same PCV system.

So the contour PCV has 3 openings.... One to the bottom of the upper intake manifold, one to the flexible plastic hose to the firewall, and one that goes down into that rubber elbow.

Cover either the manifold port, or firewall port with your finger. Blow into whichever one of those you didn't cover with your finger. It should seal off and not allow air to blow thru down into the elbow. Thus preventing the pressurization of the crank case when boost is built in the manifold.

What happens if it doesnt seal is the crankcase gets pressurized and oil is forced out of the valve cover vents, which lead right back into the intake. A catch can is nice, but will fill up really quick if the PCV doesnt seal. I ran open valve cover vents for a bit, with the poor pcv valve, I had oil vapor all over the underside of the hood. And I even had filters on the valve cover vents. It all went away when I got a PCV valve the sealed properly.

At some point in the near future you will want to clean the oil film out of your intercooler. It reduces its efficiency.

oh Sh*@. That intecooler. um, degreaser and water then let it dry? Same with the intake manifold? So catch can between the valve covers and air intake might be useful as well? Extra safety? I am going to get the turbo coupe pvc this weekend and look for another oil seperator. Who carries them on the selves?

I would probably spray some brake/carb cleaner thru the intercooler. Or you could spray a degreaser thru it and rinse with water. Hell, soak it in a tub of dish soap, its a really good degreaser.

Catch can will provide some extra safety and it will alert you to PCV issues if it starts to fill up fast.

Make one yourself using these instructions. You dont need to use braided line, simple heater hose will suffice.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-oil-separator-catch-can-w-pics-write-up.html

i have all that is needed. just waiting for this weekend to put everything back together.
As for a boost controller, should i pay 130$ for a Hallman or just 50$ for that one you linked to me? I do want reliable but dont just want to pay for a name.

I have the hallman mbc, its a very nice peice. Comes with two springs. I got the one with the cable so I could install in the cabin but I haven't done that yet.

Back