• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My turbo 3L hybrid build

those are hard to find and still very pricey! I think once I get all my little engine issues fixed, my air ride intalled, and my CF hood put on then This will be bad A$$.
And I hope I can pull away from these EVOs and STI guys at least on the highway.

With 3-5psi and air ride your not going to be pulling away from any of those cars.

Well as far as my air ride.....I really don't know why I got. I am justifying it by its my dd and Denver has a lot is dips and speed bumps, and the snow. I did not want to have to adjust coilovers all the time. And after I get my engine tuned jyst right i am going to boost it to 7-10 psi. So I am hoping that will get me to an equal spot with these evo and sti guys. If not exact then just cooler. Ya that's what I am looking for in the end with my car is that it might not be faster , but Damn its cool.
Oh. And reliable lol.

Well as far as my air ride.....I really don't know why I got. I am justifying it by its my dd and Denver has a lot is dips and speed bumps, and the snow. I did not want to have to adjust coilovers all the time. And after I get my engine tuned jyst right i am going to boost it to 7-10 psi. So I am hoping that will get me to an equal spot with these evo and sti guys. If not exact then just cooler. Ya that's what I am looking for in the end with my car is that it might not be faster , but Damn its cool.
Oh. And reliable lol.

Dont worry. At 7-10psi, neither of those cars will stand a chance from a roll. Stock of course...;)

Ya, As long as I have good rolling traction right!! And ya I do know that they can be modded beyond belief so I am just thinking the $ for $ aspect. Lets say, I payed 9K for the car(in 04), 5K in the engine/clutch and install prices, 4.5k for turbo with all accessories and with exhaust, and lets say 1k for my suspension. so right at 20k for a car that should be as quik and cool as these evo's and sti's and mazdaspeed's. They are right at 20k used with just asthetic add-ons. So looking at it that way I am doing pretty good. Seeing I almost traded my car for a Speed-6 right after turkey day. It was no faster than my SVT without the turbo!!!.

No, Really it was! I was surprised too. Up here in Denver, cars dont really run as strong as they should. I checked this thing out in and out. It was legit! It was alot slower of the line than my 3L but when the turbo kicked in it was good to go. But not as fast as I thought!. So they were asking 14k for it and giving me crap for a trade in. So I was thinking a nother 10k car payment and I would still need to upgrade everything. Now if thise was my first time getting into a car I would think that the Speed6 would for sure be a good buy even having to upgrade evrything to my liking, but my car is payed off, and adding the turbo(with a proper tune and good boost) I would dominate the Speed 6 while spending about half of what it would cost for it. I really want Gumbas (or what that guys name) AWD set up. Then I am golden. LOL SOOOO... Am I right? Will my tuned, 8psi 3L pull hard away from the Speed6 too? And I can throw some see-saw action at the lights!LOL

If the Speed 6 is stock, then your 3L-T (when fully tuned) should beat it. But...

The thing with all factory turbo cars is that they only need minimal mods to make a lot more power. The Speed 6 would just need a tune and intake/exhaust for it to pull away from you again. Same thing for Evo;s/STI's/Cobalt SS (Turbo ones), etc.

Are you still running the stock diff? What all trans work has been done, besides the Spec clutch?

You guys are going to kill me.....Trans is all stock. I had an extra bit of money and ran across the air ride on here. I threw my money at that and then what happens? A built trans pops up for about the same price that I just spent. I was a lil upset cause I do need that. Not so much my Air RIde. right!! So I do not do any launching and do not plan on it. EVER really. I will just spin anyways. I am just doing hightway pulls and under the speed limit tests for now. I have to stay legal with my speed for my employment. Will a meth spray be too much for my engine?

*cough* Terry Haines *cough* on your setup no matter what you do your tranny is going to be a big problem. I blew the crap out of my diff on my basically stock non-svt that I didn't even drive that hard. so be very careful. but hell once it happens you get a quaife and that will be nice

You won't like it when yours looks worse than this...
DSC04975.jpg

Yea those things on the bottom and sides are supposed to be teeth (don't mind the dust it has been a trophy for a while)

I had just a stock non svt 2.5, put headers on and exactly a week later my diff shattered into pieces.

Well I am doing everything i can to prolong the life of it. No launching, nor wheel spins, and everything I do is from rolling close to the speed limit . So I am on a financial freeze set by my girl so I can $inish paying for out wedding. And then after that I will be searching for this "Terry Haynes" set up that everyone talks about.

I just had him build mine and the quality of the work was amazing. He e-mailed me constantly and told me that my tower had been worked on before but they used improper bolts and sealant, my shift forks were to tight, something minor was broken (I can't remember what he said) and he fixed it at no extra charge. It's $250 labor per mtx-75 and that never changes no matter what they find. All you have to pay for is parts. I got the keyed shift tower, and new synchros, and he installed upgraded shift forks and TOB that I provided. I am just reccomending him because last time my transmission went out I took it to a local tranny shop and the pulled it and reinstalled it. It seemed like they had no clue what they were doing. They took things apart they didn't have to. and when I pulled my engine and tranny for my 3L ALL the transmission mount bolts were loose, same with the tranny mount. When I asked how much it would cost to rebuild it this time when it was already out of the car. They quoted me $800 for labor! F-that Terry is the man

that has nothing to do with it .... how its driven and even just age can cause a diff to fail ....

Oh yea, mine was purely from abuse, doing stupid burnouts when I was young. Just saying turbo 3L is a lot of power for a stock diff.

I had Terry do my trans some time ago with new shift forks, tower mod, quaife, and the 3.5FDR. I love it he does great work, and with the 3.5fdr I actually use first gear a lot more, and dont have to jump from 2nd-4th, or 3rd-5th.

What does it cost total? If I am able to do my own R&R. Do I send him mine? Rad, what was the process and end price you went through?

What does it cost total? If I am able to do my own R&R. Do I send him mine? Rad, what was the process and end price you went through?

It depends on what you want done. Yes you send him yours. I have his email address if you want to email him. Its about a 2 week turnaround for him.

So. I took my valve cover off to fix the gasket leak and I found my inake full of oil. It was coming up through the pvc. A lot of it. Do I really need my pvc valve? Can I just plug the lines in my intake and re route the other lines?

Back