• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My Car vs. Worthless POS

Barge

Hard-core CEG'er
OK, I know the contour SVT is coming down in price at all... but seriously, who races a freakin intrepid or any of the other numerous stupid cars that people ask about?

Raise your standards people.

i plan on racing an m3, sti, r32, rsx, on the track, r32 guy wanted to go to the drag strip but i convinced him to go to the track

seriously.

we all need to put turbos on our cars so that way we can just race mustang GT's and WRX's and crush them :laugh:

ahahha. i was 16 and i got the car for $500 and put 120,000 on it. i have some of my best memories in that car. of course i would have preferred something different, but i dont have rich parents. people get wound up on here over nothing.

Probably true Ray---I was just commenting because of his and my sig show the other 20%.
Grenade---love to hear about the Cobra, I miss my '04 :nonono:
-J

OK, I know the contour SVT is coming down in price at all... but seriously, who races a freakin intrepid or any of the other numerous stupid cars that people ask about?

Raise your standards people.

no offence but its a contour. Any car under 10k new/used or whatever have you. It's nothing to get excited about to modiy to race. The SVT contour is nothing to get excited about in stock forum... Looks good yes.. fast... hardly. Fast for its day it did good but as we all know its a bit out dated.

I modify my protege and its nothing to get excited about. However I enjoy my car and enjoy making it my own as so does many other forum members.

Last edited:
better yet :laugh:.......
roflc.gif

no offence but its a contour. Any car under 10k new/used or whatever have you. It's nothing to get excited about to modiy to race. The SVT contour is nothing to get excited about in stock forum... Looks good yes.. fast... hardly. Fast for its day it did good but as we all know its a bit out dated.

I modify my protege and its nothing to get excited about. However I enjoy my car and enjoy making it my own as so does many other forum members.

Still spanks other cars on a road course.

Still spanks other cars on a road course.

Granted this car is much more fun in the twisties, I do miss my Grand Prix for the straight line, took out many a car with that ride.

I hear that all the time even on every message board that I'm on with the exception of the truck forums. I personally can't say from my own experiences on the SVT as I have never driven one, but even you guys can admit it doesn't have power compared to more recent v6 cars.

I hear that all the time even on every message board that I'm on with the exception of the truck forums. I personally can't say from my own experiences on the SVT as I have never driven one, but even you guys can admit it doesn't have power compared to more recent v6 cars.

It doesn't have the power of more recent cars, but throw in a 3.0L and it helps a lot. Then again the car was never ment to go fast in a straight line....even says in the owners manuel. They wanted to create an extreamly entertaining all around ride. The handling of this car is one of the best ones out there, even by todays standards.

It doesn't have the power of more recent cars, but throw in a 3.0L and it helps a lot. Then again the car was never ment to go fast in a straight line....even says in the owners manuel. They wanted to create an extreamly entertaining all around ride. The handling of this car is one of the best ones out there, even by todays standards.

I never stated that it wasn't a good handlign car out of the box but only stated that I hear statements like "lest take it to the twistes" way to often. To me is right up their with I could of beat so and so from a roll... I think you get the point of where im coming from.

I just hear it way to often on every message board that has to deal with cars... suv's and trucks.. I dont hear it from them. Hell I hear MK2 jetta owners saying the same thing and those cars are known to roll over like a large SUV in turns. I just think its way over used.

I'm like most people here. I just rather have the fun going around a track then going in a straight line. No not just left hand turns like nascar people! lol

All i gotta say is After i sold my SVT i missed it..Then i got back into another SVT and love every minute of it..I love how all the little punks with there Civics and preludes and cracker jack toys loook at it and keep stareing and then ask me Hey nice ride what kinda body kit is that man..Stock..
Granted its not the fasted car in the world but IMO and many others its a Sexy looking car, And handles great..
When it comes to raceing Ricers or imports i'll always give them a Show.

Back