• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My Car VS. 1998 Honda Civic

I've decimated my friends 03 z24 cavalier with my Zetec ATX.

I've also made an accord look silly too.

Don't count the zetec out.

considering a supercharged one is right at stock SVT levels.. I don't think "spank" is really a good choice of words.

My stock SVT would beat any Z24 I ever ran in to, so.. where are you thinking this from?

considering a supercharged one is right at stock SVT levels.. I don't think "spank" is really a good choice of words.

My stock SVT would beat any Z24 I ever ran in to, so.. where are you thinking this from?
a supercharged atx zetec at stock svt levels? maybe on paper.. i beleive hectors ran 16s.

5 speed z24s run in the mid 15s...

Well I don't know if the kid is a good driver or what. All I'm saying is I didn't even have to hit 60 to put a car length on him.

i have a 97 stique 2.5mtx and i can run my buddies 92 eclipse gs mtx all day everyday mine "appears" mostly stock his has CAI and exhaust

is it vtec? my 96 2.5 mtx is the same as my sisters 96 sohc vtec civic, she has said her vtec isnt kickin in, not sure tho. my car would beat an 06 civic ex :), but if i want to race people and go fast i would take my vette out.

This thread make me laugh! :laugh: :rolleyes:

i can run my buddies 92 eclipse gs mtx all day everyday
DSM.jpg

is it vtec? my 96 2.5 mtx is the same as my sisters 96 sohc vtec civic, she has said her vtec isnt kickin in, not sure tho.
vtecgermans1.jpg

must be nice to have a vette, or is it the cheap ass CHEVETTE with a v8 crammed in it, hmm i have an idea..........
hahaha not exactly. 96 collectors edition, lt4, 45k miles, nx nitrous kit with 15lb bottle, slp intake, Exotic Muscle long tubes, 3" slp cat back (currently off because of the header install, and sounds good off).

DSCF0167.jpg

What a shame, putting nitrous on such a nice car!

WTF are you talking about? There is nothing wrong with running a nitrous system on any car. All forced induction is equally safe as long as installed and used properly.

Nitrous is a fun way of having on demand horsepower whenever you feel like it. Some people may want an insane amount of horsepower at the track or when joyriding, but not on a regular commute. I would do it on my car. 400hp is enough for me for everyday driving and a nicely set up 100 shot or more would make for extra fun at the track or when joyriding.

What a shame, putting nitrous on such a nice car!

I like power :shrug: . Stock they said it was underrated at 340 ft lbs of tq., so people would buy the c5 (new body style stating in 97 with 350 hp). so figure 370 hp plus a 150 shot :).

Hey, I'm just old I guess. Thinking about it, I'd have to say I'm pretty much like my parents or my grandfather at my age- "why the heck you doing THAT to your car? That's not the way it was designed and your runining it"!

Anyway, probably been in the last 5 years that I've had this appreciation for cars being left pretty much stock. I had a hard enough time deciding upon the 3.0 route vs leaving at 2.5

when people finally realize there economy cars and not race cars.

I, personally, beg to differ. ;)

Besides, even with my car out of the picture, the Contour is a sport sedan, not an economy car. There are certainly BETTER cars to get for mileage.

I, personally, beg to differ. ;)

Besides, even with my car out of the picture, the Contour is a sport sedan, not an economy car. There are certainly BETTER cars to get for mileage.

pssst. he was talking about the civic and not the tour

Back