• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

modded svt vs stock 2008 r32

yo my stock csvt can beet modded enzo's all day long yo fo real
you seriously think your stock contour svt can beat modded contour svt's??? you don't own a car do you, if you did you would show a picture of your actual car its not that hard. Like I said the cold weather doesn't matter, if you truley do have a contour svt you will go get a picture of it and put it on here, until then you don't own :censored::censored::censored::censored:

from driving r32's i still beleive i will beat him that thing weighs almost 500lbs. more than a svt. go to your local v-dub and test drive a 36K car that runs 14.5-14.6's, my friends rsx will beat that, he's got full race exhaust, a tune, motor/transmission mounts, poopy heavy a&l rims, with good yokohama a048 tires, backseat delete, and no suspension work what so ever and he consistently runs 14 flats

The SCT software can be setup to do this but I haven't heard of anyone doing it yet.
from my understanding when i had my last contour tuned, only certain ford ecu's allowed you to do that,the contour's wasnt one of them,but the mustang you could

from driving r32's i still beleive i will beat him that thing weighs almost 500lbs. more than a svt. go to your local v-dub and test drive a 36K car that runs 14.5-14.6's, my friends rsx will beat that, he's got full race exhaust, a tune, motor/transmission mounts, poopy heavy a&l rims, with good yokohama a048 tires, backseat delete, and no suspension work what so ever and he consistently runs 14 flats
I will drive one tomorrow and let you know if I think it's faster than a CSVT. :p

I drove #472/5000 today. It will beat you. It will be you hard all day, every day. It's an automatic, there is no way for the driver to make a mistake. The only way for you to win, is if the R32 somehow breaks down; which is highly unlikely considering it's over-engineered and over-built; it's a tank. Not only will it win at a drag strip, but it will win on a skid pad. It will win at an auto-x. It will win at an open track. It will win more looks at a cruise-in.

Sorry dude, you'll lose. :(

Last edited:
I drove #472/5000 today. It will beat you. It will be you hard all day, every day. It's an automatic, there is no way for the driver to make a mistake. The only way for you to win, is if the R32 somehow breaks down; which is highly unlikely considering it's over-engineered and over-built; it's a tank. Not only will it win at a drag strip, but it will win on a skid pad. It will win at an auto-x. It will win at an open track. It will win more looks at a cruise-in.

Sorry dude, you'll lose. :(

You basing this all on a test drive? The GTI is not much slower and people can wail on them. The R32 weighs substantially more than the csvt as well. It tips the scale at 3,550lbs. It depends on the mods he gets on his CSVT. I think he should get an LSD and drag radials as well as the other mods. Then, I'm pretty sure he could take him.

Unless his headers add 50whp, I don't see it happening. Sure add slicks, LSD, NAZ, whatever else to the equation, but he asked if he could beat a stock R32 with his SVT as it sits, and that's not going to happen.

The extra 50hp, AWD, and DSG tranny make up for the extra 500lbs. But what do I know? :rolleyes:

He Also said he was planning on some stuff so that he could race later....

Plus, he didn't ask if it could as it sits.

Last edited:
Back