• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

modded svt vs stock 2008 r32

mattsBLK99cSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
I was just wondering if a modded svt, we'll say full race exhaust (headers, y pipe, cat back exhaust, and intake) would beat a new r32. Now keep in mind the r32's run 14.5's all day in the quarter mile. Would the svt need anything else? A tune, weight reduction, etc? O and by the way my friend at work got one and we want to go to the strip in the summer.

I was just wondering if a modded svt, we'll say full race exhaust (headers, y pipe, cat back exhaust, and intake) would beat a new r32. Now keep in mind the r32's run 14.5's all day in the quarter mile. Would the svt need anything else? A tune, weight reduction, etc? O and by the way my friend at work got one and we want to go to the strip in the summer.

Wow, 14.5 for 2008 r32, thats kind of slow. With these mods that you are talking about, you could probably do 14.5 if you are a very good driver. Add up to the equation a 3l swap and you will be much faster than 14.5

Your going to need more than a tune..Try Header back exhaust intake some good suspension and a good driver and even still i dont know if the SVT could do it. my buddys got a R32 here in town..I wont attemp to take him to the track..Maybe if i was still on the bottle.

Anything over about ~207whp and ~190wtq should run 14.5 EASILY as long as the 60' is good.

R32 would beat a modded SVT anyday. My buddys tuned GLI ripps on my car and i figure thats about what an R32 would do (he has a tuned 1.8 20 psi, full intake, 3 inch exhaust)

even though the r32's powertrain is totally different i figured his car is probably close to an R32's performance

lets see... hate to be a pessimist but AWD vs FWD hmmm which one will win from a dig... AWD!!! now from a roll you might have a chance but from a dig i think your goose is cooked

im not too worried, his car will never be modded period just exterior stuff because his dad will shoot him, I ran a 15.8 stock, poopy fuel pump, had to shift out of first at 4600 before it would bog down, 3/4 of a tank of gas and with my spare in the trunk. I don't think i did too bad for my first try. My only real plans for now are to get full race exhaust, a tune, good lightweight rims with sticky tires, a good suspension set-up, and some gutting of the car but not too much so if i crash im going to die. Realisticly I think with all this i could break into the 14's how low I'm not sure so all I can hope for is that he doesnt know how to shift an automatic car lol

my friend and i were on the freeway about a week ago in his talon tsi and met 2 r32's. a turbo back exhaust and a big 16g and the r32 still walked him. his talon is dead even with my svt with 9:1 static compression tho.
those r32's are quick, id hate to say it but they would win all day long!

i don't know why all you guys glory this car so much the old ones are nice the new ones are just too heavy and underpowered the new gti runs 14.9's :shrug:

My story is straight, but you are just comming in here to try to own me (which you cant). My factory monster can beat modded csvt's.

Ah yes that's right, the car that no one has seen. Oh wait yes we did, you stole the picture from someone else and tried to claim was yours until the owner pwned you. Do us all a favor and GTFO!

You two noobies better starting playing nice.Keep this on topic or this thread will get locked.

R32 wins. End of story.

Back