• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lookin fer a jerb...

pancake_bunny.jpg

mechanic.preview.jpg

Last edited:
wow ... you really don't get it. this is the internet, a forum. who gives a crap if someone can spell.
·
·
·
if you haven't noticed alot of people type like that here, its like a running joke because they are typing like one might sound like they talk, or something of the sort ....
I've been around long enough to remember when the Internet was exclusively populated by people who were intelligent and literate. It's only fairly recent that it somehow became popular to write as if one is illiterate and stupid.

This has even been the experience here on CONTOUR.ORG. It used to be that nearly everyone who participated in this forum was intelligent and literate, and now I see this forum being taken over by stupid people who write as if they dropped out of grade school.

It's been like watching a once-nice neighborhood turn into a filthy slum.

It's worth pointing out that the word “dumb” has two meanings. These two meanings superficially seem unrelated, but are, in fact, very closely tied together. The more popular meaning in modern usage has to do with a lack of intelligence. The older meaning, not used so much today, refers to an inability to communicate usefully.

Writing in the illiterate-cretin manner that has lately become so popular demonstrates both meanings of the word “dumb”.

It used to be that nearly everyone who participated in this forum was intelligent and literate, and now I see this forum being taken over by stupid people who write as if they dropped out of grade school.

You're on a car forum devoted to cars that are 10-15 years old and were cheap to begin with. Welcome to this thing we call evolution.

Last edited:
I've been around long enough to remember when the Internet was exclusively populated by people who were intelligent and literate. It's only fairly recent that it somehow became popular to write as if one is illiterate and stupid.

This has even been the experience here on CONTOUR.ORG. It used to be that nearly everyone who participated in this forum was intelligent and literate, and now I see this forum being taken over by stupid people who write as if they dropped out of grade school.

It's worth pointing out that the word “dumb” has two meanings. These two meanings superficially seem unrelated, but are, in fact, very closely tied together. The more popular meaning in modern usage has to do with a lack of intelligence. The older meaning, not used so much today, refers to an inability to communicate usefully.

Writing in the illiterate-cretin manner that has lately become so popular demonstrates both meanings of the word “dumb”.

Are you still failing to understand WHY Pole wrote the initial post the way he did?

Yes, you are. Do you want to know why? YOU ARE DUMB. That is why.

then why are you HERE if we are just a bunch of filthy slum? i guess what i am getting out of this conversation is that you dont want to hire josh and that is the original topic... so gtfo.

Ok, we've established that Bob has demonstrated a profound lack of humor and subtlety and that he doesn't watch South Park so he still doesn't get the 'jerb' reference. He has also shown that he doesn't understand the group dynamics of WGL and the fact that most of us know each other personally. Let's refrain from calling people names, though.

Last edited:
you forgot to put the man with no arms and legs in the water...
without the water....how can he bob?
i would think at that point a man with no arms and legs would be perhaps Matt...but then again he would have to be in front of a door...
if he was in a hole he could be Phil?
but without the water, he is in no way Bob.

I couldn't find an armless/legless man in the water or I would have posted it :laugh:. Post corrected.

I don't know you as "BOB". I know you as soundQ dude! :laugh:. No offense to you Bob.

ocd-family-guys-buzz-killington-20090605014351511-000.jpg

name the CEGers in the picture. :laugh:

I'm thinking I can see Pole, fuz, Dacker and hetfield in there, just need to fill in the rest. (or maybe Ian can be Peter)

btw, this shirt is also amusing
212154.jpg

Back