• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

lets start a "lets see that engine bay" thread

DSCN7431.jpg

DSCN7435.jpg

DSCN7434.jpg

yes. i wasnt gonna risk engine movement cracking my coilpack.
and yes i know about my oil cap. i havent had the 2 minutes to go into autozone and pick one up:laugh: lol

i wouldnt clear it, you, when it starts to oxidize it you have to strip the whole thing.

ummm, hi do you knoww how clear coat on aluminum works?
you clear it to keep it form oxidising.
get it powdercated clear and do the whole thing, mating surfaces and underside and it will last the life of the car

what tb are you using that you have to have a rigged up iac? i have a full 3l with 3l tb and i dont have any of that. looks good, i always wanted a 3l cougar.

what tb are you using that you have to have a rigged up iac? i have a full 3l with 3l tb and i dont have any of that. looks good, i always wanted a 3l cougar.

its a 65mm tb from a mustang or a crown vic. i had adapters made to adapt to the iacv so it will get air from the intake. i have sold some to other members as well. its for those who want a larger tb on a full 3l

oh thats right, i just went with an optimized 60mm.
what do the plates go for? i have several 65mm tb's from back in the day.

correct, a powdercoated ST220 :)

what king of gains did you see from it? it's $200 on average and then I'd have to get it PC'd satin black... but I'm trying to get as much power as possible from an na 3.0 without it looking crazy and the st220 intake has stellar bench specs... is that in a contour or cougar? and hood issues? my tb bracet, and oil cap rub my hood gently...

also, what vehicle are those plug wires from, mine go through my uim to reach from the place my coil pack is mounted, yours are super long!

what king of gains did you see from it? it's $200 on average and then I'd have to get it PC'd satin black... but I'm trying to get as much power as possible from an na 3.0 without it looking crazy and the st220 intake has stellar bench specs... is that in a contour or cougar? and hood issues? my tb bracet, and oil cap rub my hood gently...

also, what vehicle are those plug wires from, mine go through my uim to reach from the place my coil pack is mounted, yours are super long!

gains are good, i think i read along the lines that a stock 3L uim held 5.5L of water while the ST220 held 7.5L?

Its in a 98.5 SVT as well, and they are Ford Racing plug wires...but with the st22o you need to relocate the coilpack to the side near the coolant res. hood clears, even with the spacer needed to clear the rear valve cover

gains are good, i think i read along the lines that a stock 3L uim held 5.5L of water while the ST220 held 7.5L?

Its in a 98.5 SVT as well, and they are Ford Racing plug wires...but with the st22o you need to relocate the coilpack to the side near the coolant res. hood clears, even with the spacer needed to clear the rear valve cover

what kind of pcv system does it run? also, all of my cats are gutted so I still have an egr to help keep the NOX levels down below tear inducing. I know the st220 doesnt have a spot for it, but could one be improvised maybe with a little machining and a 2.5 style egr valve?

I finally have an engine bay worth showing off now that i got this 3L swap done! Did alot of cleaning and painted the engine bay black, valve covers/imrc blue, UIM/MM/RR oil-rubbed bronze.
BEFORE:
IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0202-2.jpg

AFTER:
IMAG0326.jpg

IMAG0327.jpg

IMAG0338_zpse30a243a.jpg

Back