• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

lets see your toolbox

Desk jobs are over rated. I used to get out in our R&D shop quite a bit running tests and wrenching on machines when I first started as an associate engineer at Caterpillar. Now that I've been promoted a few times I am always at my desk. Only time I get out is when I'm tuning software on machines optimizing performance and visiting customer job sites.. Let me tell you sitting that long is taking it's toll on my back, shoulders, and hands. Typing away at a keyboard and clicking a mouse all day will bring around arthritis too.

Put it this way, when I retire I'll be back out working in the shop.

Just picked this beauty up...

1507629_10100788740310451_1210232821_n.jpg

Tool chest is built in to the bench, trust me, it's full, and so are all the drawers under the bench.

Confession: I haven't seen this much of the work surface in quite a long time. Every few years, I clean it off, give it a light sand and a couple of coats of poly.

The bench was built to house three Craftsman 8-drawer work bench bases, so there's buckets of storage. It's funny when you walk into Sears and want to buy 3 work benches in one fell swoop, they cut me a nice discount.

DSC02010.jpg

DSC02009.jpg

is that some sound equipment i see?
Old stuff that was sitting idle, so I moved it to the garage. Adcom preamp and tuner, equalizer, 200 wpc power amp I designed and built some time ago, and a Sony CD changer. Drives a pair of KEF speakers on top of the wall cabinets. It's overkill for a garage, but I need regular doses of Mozart to stay sane.

lol. i actually like that idea. just might do that to my garage.
all my stuff is all in my room. i have a drum kit all mic'ed with a 20 chennel mixer, equalizer, some recording stuff, and a 500watt amp and some 1000watt jbl speakers, and a bunch of other small things

Back