• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Led Drl's ?

dennyb

Veteran CEG'er
I wonder if anyone that is modifying their headlights with hids ever thought about this? I saw that AUDI has this on their new A3 and A4. This would keep your hids from getting the wear of parking light flash when you set your alarm if you wire accordingly

the drl's are the high beams so no issues there.

on the flashing when locking, don't hit the lock button on the remote twice. or install a ford system 3/4 add on alarm and it will flash the parking lights when you press the lock button on the remote once. or you can dissconnect the signal wire to the headlights from the keyless entry module.

Not sure about the DRLs being high beams.

However, SVT SNOB has a set of custom quad projectors with Audi inspired LED DRLs.

but I've had them work when the high beam bulb didn't
the DRLs worked or the headlight flash when you press the lock button on the remote twice worked? if the later, thats because the headlight flash is the low beams, which is why you need to disable the flash (either by removing the relay or rewiring it to some other light) when you install HIDs.

the DRLs worked or the headlight flash when you press the lock button on the remote twice worked? if the later, thats because the headlight flash is the low beams, which is why you need to disable the flash (either by removing the relay or rewiring it to some other light) when you install HIDs.

or if you leave the high beams on it will flash the high beams when you lock the doors. although I don't know if the lows still also flash too.

and the drl's on this car are most definately the high beams at 50% power. I know because I have them in all three of my cars.

and the drl's on this car are most definately the high beams at 50% power. I know because I have them in all three of my cars.

Gotcha. I've never seen any in person. Might I ask why you have them when they're not legally required (as far as I know).

I have them cuz it looks cool, and ive had drivers almost slam into me on the highway cuz the car I was driving was a neutral color. just like when your driving at night and someone pulls behind you, the lights catch your eye.

LOL! I guess... You people have cars that come without them and you retrofit DRLs, while I have a car that comes from the factory with DRLs and I shut them off...:laugh: Everybody wants to be different.

Gotcha. I've never seen any in person. Might I ask why you have them when they're not legally required (as far as I know).

like the look of the car with the fog lamps on with the parking lights via the fog lamp mod.

contour3.jpg

yeah all the canadian members want to ditch them and the rest of us want them.

Last edited:
My HID lows will not flash when I chirp/set the alarm...they will however flash if I set off the alarm/hit the alarm button. The only thing that flashes when I set the alarm are my LED tails and my 3rd brake light.

My HID lows will not flash when I chirp/set the alarm...they will however flash if I set off the alarm/hit the alarm button. The only thing that flashes when I set the alarm are my LED tails and my 3rd brake light.

aftermarket alarm? factory keyless entry when you hit the lock biutton twice it honks the horn and flashed the low beams and taillights.

aftermarket alarm? factory keyless entry when you hit the lock biutton twice it honks the horn and flashed the low beams and taillights.

Nah not aftermarket...atleast not on my ownership. I use the stock keyfob anyway. Maybe I switched something wiring wise around through all my HID mods but yea when I hit lock twice i get the horn chirp and only my LED tails and 3rd brake light flash. The only way my HID's flash is if I press the Alarm button and the alarm starts.

I definately like my setup though...increased ballast and bulb life

like the look of the car with the fog lamps on with the parking lights via the fog lamp mod.

contour3.jpg

yeah all the canadian members want to ditch them and the rest of us want them.

This is why I want to buy that relay! Is this the correct part number: F5RZ14N089E ? And I've heard that I could just plug and play, is that right?

This is why I want to buy that relay! Is this the correct part number: F5RZ14N089E ? And I've heard that I could just plug and play, is that right?

I forget the part number, but you just pop it in the power distribution box under the hood where theres a metal clip(bridge?) in the socket. take out clip, pop it in.

I forget the part number, but you just pop it in the power distribution box under the hood where theres a metal clip(bridge?) in the socket. take out clip, pop it in.

you do that if the car is equiped for DRL's. not all cars are.

Back