• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

another thread about promotion tuning

Smalls

Addicted CEG'er
i purchased(and paid in full) my weapon r tanks on march 30, 2008. two months later, i called them to see what was up. the kid on the other end told me that they were so busy that they completely missed my order. he was very apologetic and said he'd get my shipment out asap. i posted about it over on NECO in the vendor feedback thread, saying how he sounded like a young, unprofessional pot smoking teen. i got a call back about 10 minutes later from promotion tuning. all i could hear was yelling and screaming, and F bombs flying everywhere. apparently he is an active member over there. he then told me that they did process my order months ago when i ordered the tanks. they were just on backorder from weapon r and i would receive them by early june at the latest. i sent them an email on friday saying that i will contact the authorities if i dont hear about my order soon. i havent heard a thing back from them. so my question is, where do i go from here?

Call Weapon R and find out how much longer the tanks will be on backorder. :shrug:
And learn from this experience.
If Promo can get a product, then you can get a product. They're an unnecessary middle-man.

I remember your post on NECO and how unprofessional one of his "employees" was with you. And for the record, James isn't really an "active member" on NECO, hasn't been for several years. The only time he ever comes around is when people post complaints about his "company". Even then, he always dodges questions about his shoddy business practices (restocking fee on never-in-stock parts, not informing about parts on backorder, etc).

If its not too late, file a dispute with Paypal or file a reversal with your credit card. Other than that, you're pretty much SOL. There's a reason he ditched NECO, and its because his head got too big for his own good, and in turn his company has gone down the tubes.

Call Weapon R and find out how much longer the tanks will be on backorder. :shrug:
And learn from this experience.
If Promo can get a product, then you can get a product. They're an unnecessary middle-man.

i ordered my CAI from them last year in january. received it a couple days before spring zing 07. they can just get parts you cant find anywhere. i agree that it must be possible to order the weapon r tanks from another source. i'll be looking into it. i filed a dispute with paypal and sent promotiontuning another email(not like i'll get a reply:rolleyes:)

paypal will not let me file a dispute(still confused about that one)

promotion wont pick up their phones or answer emails

paypal will not let me file a dispute(still confused about that one)

promotion wont pick up their phones or answer emails

Welcome to the club. ProMotion has turned into one of the biggest ripoffs around. Try posting a thread on NECO, that usually seems to get James to pull his head out of his butt momentarily and he kisses up and tries to make everything right.

Back