• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

INTREST CHECK: aussie sunshade duplicates

Status
Not open for further replies.
i posted a thread about making these a year ago. we could easily have ED make these in carbon fiber or in duraflex. and since it would be a straight up reproduction, it would be easy. just need a sample piece donated. id have them made for sure. wouldnt have to do any calling around or research or anything. it would be an easy GO if we had one.

i posted a thread about making these a year ago. we could easily have ED make these in carbon fiber or in duraflex. and since it would be a straight up reproduction, it would be easy. just need a sample piece donated. id have them made for sure. wouldnt have to do any calling around or research or anything. it would be an easy GO if we had one.

If I would’ve read svt4stv post a year ago, I would have skipped it. But, he got us thru the Mirko GB & I wouldn’t doubt on his knowledge and contacts to take care of this Aussi Sun Shade ASAP. In fact I think he should be contacted for any ideas or discontinued parts we want or need for the SVT Contour.

So, I would like to be put on the list if possible; but price would be a issue.

Thanks,

1) newb
2) JRoX85
3) SVT in indy
4) Contourfever87
5) brapple
6) brapple
7) 14svt
8) Supah Stah
9) hogan0181
10) mikeyp
11) siciliansvt82
12) FauxhawkFox
13) UKFAN50 (depending on total $ and specific
14) Onimitsu (depending on total $ and specific
15) rexxdoggy (depending on price)
16) dpa43(depending on price and looks)
17) joepage (x2 depending on price and looks)
18) 5559 (depending on price)
19) YOOOO
20) newsvt (depending on price)
21) AcGcSVT00

) newb
2) JRoX85
3) SVT in indy
4) Contourfever87
5) brapple
6) brapple
7) 14svt
8) Supah Stah
9) hogan0181
10) mikeyp
11) siciliansvt82
12) FauxhawkFox
19) YOOOO
21) AcGcSVT00
22) svt-zilla (depending on $)

icon1.gif

1) newb
2) JRoX85
3) SVT in indy
4) Contourfever87
5) brapple
6) brapple
7) 14svt
8) Supah Stah
9) hogan0181
10) mikeyp
11) siciliansvt82
12) FauxhawkFox
19) YOOOO
21) AcGcSVT00
22) svt-zilla (depending on $)
23) GetU1 (dep on look and $)

carbon fiber would be wicked nice!!!

im in contact with one more company and with the amount of people that are interested in this we should be able to get this done.

right now im trying to get it made in the same opaque meterial it is stock, and carbon fibor is out right now, but we may be able to get an option to have them carbon fiber wraped for an extra cost, would anyone be interested in this?

I would be interested in a carbon fiber and/or duraflex one. Sign me up

A. hve you seen how long it takes for something to come duraflex anywhere near affordible?
B. duraflex makes no sence in thhis application.
C. IF i do any carbon fiber, it will only be wraped, NOT made out of carbon fiber.

A. hve you seen how long it takes for something to come duraflex anywhere near affordible?
B. duraflex makes no sence in thhis application.
C. IF i do any carbon fiber, it will only be wraped, NOT made out of carbon fiber.

A. I'm not worried about affordable. I prefer to pay extra, and get a high quality part made.
B. Why's that? Fiberglass makes better sence? Fiberglass is prone to cracking over time, is more likely to have thin spots in molding
C. I'm ok with it wrapped. I would like to see close up pics of it if you don't mind. I want quality parts, and honestly with what I have invested in my project cars, I really don't mind shelling out more to get it.

Thanks for your understanding. -Jon

I as well prefer the stock look. I would want to be able to paint it for a more flowing look! I would possibly be interested if the cost isnt too outrageous. Is there a guesstimation on price at all yet?

A. I'm not worried about affordable. I prefer to pay extra, and get a high quality part made.
B. Why's that? Fiberglass makes better sence? Fiberglass is prone to cracking over time, is more likely to have thin spots in molding
C. I'm ok with it wrapped. I would like to see close up pics of it if you don't mind. I want quality parts, and honestly with what I have invested in my project cars, I really don't mind shelling out more to get it.

Thanks for your understanding. -Jon

these WILL NOT BE MADE OF FIBERGLASS! please read the whle thing, these will be made of a plexy glass type meterial cause the original is translusent but tinted.

guess on price... i have no clue yet... still trying to get a place to give me pricing. so as soon as i know, you'll know. i hope to go to a meeting next week with a company locally. thx gues for your interest. im trying to get this done asap.

I think carbon fiber wrapped stuff is ricey, but that just my opinion. I would pay extra for real CF, but honestly it's not like the original is heavy at all anyways so I don't think it's a big deal.

we could have these made in duraflex and in real carbon fiber no problem. it wouldnt take as long as the mirkos because we'd have them make a mold of exactly what's already there. with the splitters, we had a new mold made, and then we asked for some changes on the existing product. so that took time and trial & error. with this product, we could just say "copy this exactly" and they'd do it. and the price should be quite a bit less than the splitters as well since they'd be significantly smaller. plus shipping would be waaay less $.

OP, if you're willing to donate your aussie shade to have us make it, ill give you a CF one for free for it. if you're not interested, that's ok too. ive got a potential lead on another one that we can use.

looks like i'll be starting a new groupbuy thread for this, once we hash out the details :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back