• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

INTREST CHECK: aussie sunshade duplicates

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) newb
2) JRoX85
3) SVT in indy
4) Contourfever87
5) brapple
6) brapple
7) 14svt
8) Supah Stah
9) hogan0181
10) mikeyp
11) siciliansvt82
12) FauxhawkFox
13) UKFAN50 (depending on total $ and specifics)
14) Onimitsu (depending on total $ and specifics)
15)

1) newb
2) JRoX85
3) SVT in indy
4) Contourfever87
5) brapple
6) brapple
7) 14svt
8) Supah Stah
9) hogan0181
10) mikeyp
11) siciliansvt82
12) FauxhawkFox
15) rexxdoggy (depending on price)

1) newb
2) JRoX85
3) SVT in indy
4) Contourfever87
5) brapple
6) brapple
7) 14svt
8) Supah Stah
9) hogan0181
10) mikeyp
11) siciliansvt82
12) FauxhawkFox
16) dpa43(depending on price and looks)

1) newb
2) JRoX85
3) SVT in indy
4) Contourfever87
5) brapple
6) brapple
7) 14svt
8) Supah Stah
9) hogan0181
10) mikeyp
11) siciliansvt82
12) FauxhawkFox
17) joepage (x2 depending on price and looks)

1) newb
2) JRoX85
3) SVT in indy
4) Contourfever87
5) brapple
6) brapple
7) 14svt
8) Supah Stah
9) hogan0181
10) mikeyp
11) siciliansvt82
12) FauxhawkFox
13) UKFAN50 (depending on total $ and specific
14) Onimitsu (depending on total $ and specific
18) 5559 (depending on price)

Whats the latest on this?? We have 17 people interested besides yourself newb. Looking forward to a reply with whats goin on.

1) newb
2) JRoX85
3) SVT in indy
4) Contourfever87
5) brapple
6) brapple
7) 14svt
8) Supah Stah
9) hogan0181
10) mikeyp
11) siciliansvt82
12) FauxhawkFox
19) YOOOO

although I'm still bitter about my original getting stolen :mad:

this is an update for everyone, the two companies i contacted dont feel that they could make these for anywhere near a reasonable price to the customers (you guys) so they declined to make any of them.
this DOES NOT mean this is dead
over the next couple weeks ill be contacting places outside of my own area.

Just a post on this GB i have spoke with JRoX85 about my brothers aussi sun shade and I have a guy who is willing to donate his aussi sun shade and a retired father in law who can manufacture these in fiberglass out of Texas .... He just moved from Florida so it may take a few months to get started but being retired he said he would love to tackle this project as for materials pricing, and eta they will all be fiberglass gel coated and not see through pricing is tbd and eta he said he could do a few a week once the mold is done... Not to thread jack but it's been something I've been pondering up for months now...

go right ahead , but the fiberglass isnt a great product, unless you baby the crap out o it and like to repair it. thats why i'm trying to get them made from a stronger more reliable product.

go right ahead , but the fiberglass isnt a great product, unless you baby the crap out o it and like to repair it. thats why i'm trying to get them made from a stronger more reliable product.

yeah that's my thought as well ..

I would love to see a stronger product made but being on the rear window I'm thinking it isn't gonna be beat to crap like a mirko which (btw he says he can reproduce as well) .... either way, not promising anything anytime soon but he said it would be a pleasure and would give him something to do since he's retired and is at home with the wife all day... He builds boat hulls, canoe's and other marine stuff as a hobby. He says "you can only build so many boat hulls before you don't have room.." I told him he can do as many sun shades as he wants I'll gladly pick them up and ship them to anyone that wants them ... either way i fully support any comeback of this missing product .. or a product similar to it... (a fiberglass sun shade)

anyway just wanted to throw out the fact that there may be some options in the future for him to reproduce stuff besides a mirko or a sun shade ... I'm going to have him make me a sun shade for sure .. when it comes i'll have pics and video up when it happens.... till then im following this GB and if i can help in any way please let me know via pm or posting a reply ;)

the only thing is the sun shade is plastic, so it isn't completely opaque. I think something would be lost making it out of fiberglass.

the only thing is the sun shade is plastic, so it isn't completely opaque. I think something would be lost making it out of fiberglass.

I agree, it wouldnt be the same but it's another piece to add to the limited amount of accessories available for the tour. like i stated earlier .. i'll have him make one when he gets set up and i'll post pics for an interest check @ that time ..

*****on another note anyone wanna photo shop any pics of tours w/sun shades to color match the car SF/tour w/SF Sun shade or Tred w/ Tred sun shade ... that would give you an idea of how it's gonna look ..

would be more like this but in the shape of a sun shade (paint matched)

greenmondeowshade.jpg

painted but in the shape of the sun shade like this ..

hugosvt.jpg

Functionally the Aussie shade would be better but aesthetically the Mondeo is way nicer. I would buy something closer to the Mondeo style.

1) newb
2) JRoX85
3) SVT in indy
4) Contourfever87
5) brapple
6) brapple
7) 14svt
8) Supah Stah
9) hogan0181
10) mikeyp
11) siciliansvt82
12) FauxhawkFox
19) YOOOO
20) newsvt (depending on price)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back