• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

installin a oil pressure gauge

i installed one there is adapters in the kit and you have to install a t connector where the oil temp sending unit is by the starter i believe,hope that helps

is this where it is??what the guy is pointing at is the oil sender connector??and where im suppose to connect my oil pressure gauge to is right beside that and use a t fitting???
newpics123.jpg

Does anyone have a picture of the fittings or a finished/installed/mounted electric sending unit.

off the block, not the heads - front or rear doesn't matter to me either. You have a pic BrApple? probably :D

off the block, not the heads - front or rear doesn't matter to me either. You have a pic BrApple? probably :D

you will want to do something like this:

http://www.fordcontour.org/index.php?&autocom=registry&cmd=view_mod&MID=673&CID=121

then you can mount the sender to the remote filter.

that would be the easiest. you are not easily goign to fit the electric sender behind the A/C compressor.

you could come out to a 90 degree fitting and go to a copper tube. But you will need to secure the sending unit to the engine so the engine movement doesn't fatique the copper line.

damn, now I have to spend more $..... :nonono:

$75 plus shipping from team ford parts.

but you don't have to go that way. but it allows for two senors to be installed or a oil cooler added. you can use a larger oil filter and will not get oil all over the exhaust manifold when you change the oil. a win all around.

that would be the easiest. you are not easily goign to fit the electric sender behind the A/C compressor.

you could come out to a 90 degree fitting and go to a copper tube. But you will need to secure the sending unit to the engine so the engine movement doesn't fatique the copper line.

This is what I did. I used brake line for the plumbing, then a 90 degree and mounted the sending unit to the hard coolant line thats mounted to the engine. Moves with the engine like it should.

Does anyone have a picture of the fittings or a finished/installed/mounted electric sending unit.

I can try to get you a picture.

It says "not for performance engines" - why?

Thanks for getting a pic Redline..... I am watching :bigeyes:

not sure why. I haven't had any issues with it on my car and I know Todd is running the same kit on his SVT and of course he was on the road course at SZ ...

maybe just a disclaimer so people don't try to get money from them if they have an engine failure while using the kit on a high performance engine.

Braided line is an option Lines instead of copper, nylon or rubber. I used it for my electrical sending unit. Its recommended to have all electrical sending unit away from heat and vibration. It does them in.

I bet you thought I forgot! :D

Alright, keep in mind you can only see so much without me taking the AC pump off... Which I don't plan on doing anytime soon ;)

Bottom view:
BottomView.jpg

Top view:
TopView.jpg

Side view:
SideView.jpg

Now this is the plug behind the A/C pump in the block that I used. The reason I used the brake line was I wanted a hard line that I could bend to get out of that crowded area... I snaked it around the dipstick tube and along the underside of the hard coolant line. I strapped the sending unit to the coolant line because that will move with the engine and was in an area with a little wiggle room to work with. There are plenty of other ways to do it I'm sure though :)

Back