• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Input

FordRacing424

New CEG'er
Ok , I am seriously considering doing a turbo kit on my car , what steps should I take to get this done , the car is an ATX so in terms of transmission work what should I do ? ... Anyone who has done a turbo or a supercharger how did you do it ?

1) Make sure you have thousands in disposable income you can dump in a worthless car and never get back
2) Abandon all common sense
2) Buy a second car, because it's going to be down a lot
3) Search...NPG kit is popular. Some have reported clearance issues
4) Your trans is garbage
5) Drop your car off at NPG with a blank check

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showt...ew-powerplant-has-arrived-let-the-build-begin

Since your motor just hit 60k you can probably get a decent price for it. I'd take that money and try to find an SVT with a blow motor. Do a 3 liter swap on that. Guaranteed you'll see a huge difference in comparison to your SE (I'm assuming it's an SE).

Honestly I would sell it with 60K miles you should get a decent amount for it in SE Michigan. Then Find an SVT, If by chance you can't find one worth buying, Look for an SE Sport with a manual and you could build from there. You can basically make it into an SVT with the addition of some used SVT parts. I'm pretty much screwed. I have A Silver frost 2000 SE Sport Duratec ATX 160K And I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. But I cant really add much horsepower because I have No doubt that it would Toast my trans in no time. Good luck to you.

1) Make sure you have thousands in disposable income you can dump in a worthless car and never get back
2) Abandon all common sense
2) Buy a second car, because it's going to be down a lot
3) Search...NPG kit is popular. Some have reported clearance issues
4) Your trans is garbage
5) Drop your car off at NPG with a blank check

That about sums it up.
Made me lol :laugh:

Visit Ebay, buy turbo. Install. 20psi. Floor it.

win races.
Also made me lol :laugh:. Though wouldn't that be nice :rolleyes:

I believe most (if not all) turbo kits for our cars are designed for manual transmissions, due to clearance issues. Though I'm not 100% sure.

Back