• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I know its early, but we're planning the Dragon run already!

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=42509

I just thought I'd let you guys know about this as I've gotten some positive PM's about wanting to go this year, so if your interested in going and pretty serious, give it some thought, read the post and make a decision. I'd like to keep this as serious intrests only, please no "if I can get the time off of work" or "if I have the money by then". The reason I ask this is so I have a good number of those going so I can let the people know who run the cabins how many we need inadvance.

Last year we had NINE cars from SIX states which was our biggest turnout yet and if we get it to be as big or even larger we're going to have 2 groups go out at different times so we're not so bunched up this time. It wasn't that bad last year but we had some wanting to do this after, some wanting to go here for dinner and some who didn't want to run it at nightime, this eliminates that and makes for more fun and smoothness. I'd like to let everyone know that we don't get any clowns in our run, well none since Kremit that is:crazy:, so I don't want anyone who would consider this to think its "balls to the wall" w/o any disregard to safety. So I'd like to welcome you all to our Fall 2009 Dragon Run, our 7th annual, I can't believe its been going this long...wait, I've gone 6 years in a row, I can believe it:cool:

BTW, to change things up this year, we might go to Gatlinburg and check out the Dukes of Hazard museum and eat at Hard Rock afterwards. Then we can get onto 411 and hit 129 from the other direction and run the Dragon, just to change things up a bit.

I'd be game again, I could recruit as well, but the dates are just too up in the air for me. :help:

I know, but something came up and we wanted to get this out earlier than normal, but the good thing is this, you'll know sooner about the actual date and be able to make plans sooner.

Anyone else going to be "devirginized" about going to the Dragon this year:shrug: Afterall, its our 7th annual and although not the grand event that SZ has become it still offers alot of fun for those looking for something "different". Last years group was our best yet and this year promises to be even better, especially with the possibility of going to Gatlinburg and hitting the Dukes of Hazard museum and Hard Rock Cafe, afterwards, taking the back way into the Dragon (route 411 to 129)

I highly recommend going! It is a great trip and an excellent part of the country to visit in the fall.

I highly recommend going! It is a great trip and an excellent part of the country to visit in the fall.

Absolutely and something for my fellow EGL-ers to consider is that believe it or not, most of the FLA guys are driving further than we have to:cool: Look at it like this, the run is like a combo SZ/extended "unofficial meet", but w/o the politics, hurt feelings, chance of getting busted for being drunk in public, etc. This meet has had as little as 3 CEG-ers and has grown to 9 last year, not as big as SZ, but something that has been going for 7 years now, so its past legit and noone has complained about a single thing, ever! I've always thought it would be great if we could take over the entire complex at Caney Creek and that will happen one day, trust me! The hotel info is set up inadvance w/ discounts for us as usual, we have a general idea as to what we're doing for the day and then come back to the cabins to relax by a good fire and talk about the days travel and events, just good clean fun!

We currently have a tie over in our Fall Dragon Run thread, so if your interested in going and are pretty serious about being able to make it out, go ahead and vote. I really appreciate your honesty about wanting to go if you do infact vote, we don't want a tie:crazy:

It would be a record

It would be a record

Our voting indicates that we're in the upper teens for amount of cars going on our run this year, more are certainly welcomed for sure and there's talk of having 2 groups head out with about a 15 minute gap inbetween. I know you guys have SZ on the mind and that's cool, but keep this run in mind if you can't make SZ this year and/or wanna do both, we'd love to have you out. The date right now appears to be the first weekend in Oct, so the date is just about there and the lodging is handled by you, but an advanced phone call is put in by me to let Caney Creek (www.caneycreekvillage.com) know whene we're coming, about how many, etc. We usually get a group rate and a free breakfast for Sundays ride home and let me tell you this, its no continental breakfast either:drool: This was set up inadvance for a reason this year, but it ended up not being the issue I thought it was going to be, so take a minute, check it out and see if its something you'd be interested in. If you've heard any stories about the Dragon, they may be just that, stories, but we've had a great time doing down there the past 6 years and number 7 looks to be our biggest let, growing by leaps and bounds every year!

Ran this last year early May with the GTI as part of my Gatlinburg vacation with my girl. Tons of fun, but we spent more than 4 hours between two major accidents closing the road. First one was a bike/van head-on. Guess who won? Second was a head-on 300Z vs. 350Z (was a Z-car GTG that weekend). Two $100k cars totaled.

But when I was actually moving, it was fantastic. My car was stock at the time; I can't imagine going any faster than I did (plus the girl was saying "SLOW DOWN" all the time). I hardly broke the speed limit.

Ran this last year early May with the GTI as part of my Gatlinburg vacation with my girl. Tons of fun, but we spent more than 4 hours between two major accidents closing the road. First one was a bike/van head-on. Guess who won? Second was a head-on 300Z vs. 350Z (was a Z-car GTG that weekend). Two $100k cars totaled.

But when I was actually moving, it was fantastic. My car was stock at the time; I can't imagine going any faster than I did (plus the girl was saying "SLOW DOWN" all the time). I hardly broke the speed limit.

Sucks about the accidents for sure and honestly, from what I've seen out there, both bikes and cars go over the double yellow and it sucks:nonono: but that being said, you thinking about going again? I like what you said about not needing any more power out there, you absolutely get it for sure:cool:

I may go again, depending on my work load and schedule. My girl is working a lot of weekends and she'd be p---ed if I went alone. I can always ask for forgiveness, however.

If anything, I'm planning a "picnic" trip with her to try out some of the Hocking Hills back roads. Not anything like The Dragon, but much closer to me, and from what I hear considerably less LEO involvement.

A recent addition to our run this year

A recent addition to our run this year

dsc087853318930sb2.jpg

Hey Hectour, those shiney black wheels seem to match up pretty good with the shiney black tires, what the hell are you talking about:crazy::rolleyes::shrug:

dsc087853318930sb2.jpg

Hey Hectour, those shiney black wheels seem to match up pretty good with the shiney black tires, what the hell are you talking about:crazy::rolleyes::shrug:
I am probably going with a satin black. I have had shiny black wheels and they suck to keep clean!:laugh:

Back