• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Autocross Video

Manimillion

Veteran CEG'er
Since the Nazi's delete every other post that has something to do with cars and videos, I'll post this one up, hoping that they don't consider this wreckless driving that endangers the life of others....

The car is a bone stock 96 SE w/ SVT wheels that still had the stock BFG's on them. I was still able to stay at the top of the class, which included some modded cars like AE86 with suspension upgrades and Falken RT615's, couple of modded e30 bmw's again with RT615's etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuC-62t_Kk8

So what were your times vs the other cars times? nice vid to watch, though I have to admit I also wasnt a huge fan of the music:shrug:

As a newly inducted member into the Third Reich way of life, I can say that that particular video should stand without any problems. And I'll tell you why.

The video clearly shows that it took place at a track or roadcourse. And was something that was sanctioned. It is pretty clear in the rules as rule #14.

14. Posting pictures or videos of any tach/speedometer at speed on public roads is not allowed. That is dangerous and encourages similar behavior. It does not matter if it was taken at a track or any other place where such speeds are "safe", there is no way to tell that it was not taken elsewhere. In-car track video is allowed as long as it was taken with a stationary camera mount/rig (with pics to show) and not by the driver or a passenger during the track session.
Similarly, posting about your high-speed escapades on public roads is forbidden.

I didn't pay much attention. I got side tracked watching rawburt's video of the Turbo'd CSVT's ant GTP.:laugh:

wow, pretty impressive. i just assumed it was an svt, until i was done watching it, and actually read the whole post! nice driving !

i agree...the rule is bit overboard,but...:shrug:
nice video though,looks like alot of fun,though i'll be honest,i have no clue how you know were to go:confused:

Since the Nazi's delete every other post that has something to do with cars and videos, I'll post this one up, hoping that they don't consider this wreckless driving that endangers the life of others....

The car is a bone stock 96 SE w/ SVT wheels that still had the stock BFG's on them. I was still able to stay at the top of the class, which included some modded cars like AE86 with suspension upgrades and Falken RT615's, couple of modded e30 bmw's again with RT615's etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuC-62t_Kk8

Bro,

I love your pictures (all top notch quality!) and I love your cars.. but how else do you think the post will be taken when you OPEN UP with a line like that? That's a little heavy on the attitude, man! Why don't you just post your autocross video and leave it at that, instead of possibly instigating trouble with comments such as those?

Food for thought, maybe it will save you grief next time.

The video was nice! Great driving as well. Man I cant wait to track or autocross my car! My suspension is coming in very soon! Cant w8!

The music...def not my style and killed the video but a simple mute did the trick and i could complete it.

NICE!!!

- amyn

Way to attract attention to yourself!

borat_thumbs_up_narrowweb__300x504,0.jpg

Bro,

I love your pictures (all top notch quality!) and I love your cars.. but how else do you think the post will be taken when you OPEN UP with a line like that? That's a little heavy on the attitude, man! Why don't you just post your autocross video and leave it at that, instead of possibly instigating trouble with comments such as those?

Food for thought, maybe it will save you grief next time.

Hey Ray, thanks for your kind words about my photography and my cars. But I think some people will have to realise this is an internet forum and there is such thing as over moderation.

It is indeed frustrating when a spirited driving video is posted on here, with above average skill of driving, with no evidence of endangering anyone in public, and yet having this labeled as wreckless driving and etc... And have the video thread deleted.

I think some people not just on this forum, but in general take internet a bit too seriously, and I am glad none of these stress cube of a human species is one of my neighbours, because I can see them pulling their hairs out and screaming off the top of their lungs when I come back home at 4AM on a sunday where it sounds like an airplane is landing in the neighbourhood.

Hey Ray, thanks for your kind words about my photography and my cars. But I think some people will have to realise this is an internet forum and there is such thing as over moderation.

It is indeed frustrating when a spirited driving video is posted on here, with above average skill of driving, with no evidence of endangering anyone in public, and yet having this labeled as wreckless driving and etc... And have the video thread deleted.

I think some people not just on this forum, but in general take internet a bit too seriously, and I am glad none of these stress cube of a human species is one of my neighbours, because I can see them pulling their hairs out and screaming off the top of their lungs when I come back home at 4AM on a sunday where it sounds like an airplane is landing in the neighbourhood.

They are all well-respected, well-liked mods. Ray said some nice stuff to you, and the gave you advice. This is a strict, professional forum. It does NOT like street racing, or any type of stupid driving on the street. And for GOOD REASON. Follow the rules, and don't complain.

-Great driving BTW:cool:

Back