• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I/H/E CSVT Times!?

14 secs

14 secs

I dont see why you guys think that is so unbelieveable.

My Cougar ran a best of 14.6 @ 92.5mph. 2.29 60ft

Mods:
2.5L cougar engine (non-SVT)
SVT uim, lim, tb
msds headers
trubendz test pipe
2.5" tru-bendz with flowmaster
12.2" tce wilwood kit
19" centerline RPMs 15.5lbs
weight reduction

and i have a 14.9 with his tce 12.2 kit, 18s with kdws, stock engine, but it is tuned with an SAFC, and gutted precats, and weight reduction

SVT uim, lim, tb
msds headers
trubendz test pipe
12.2" tce wilwood kit
weight reduction
Your mod list SUPPORTS that. His mod list was MUCH smaller.
This, and the fact that he claims a 2.0x 60' time, and STILL only runs a 91.xmph trap speed, with incredibly high 14's? A launch THAT good on stock street tires, with a mod list THAT SMALL does not equal a 14 anything, nor at 91.x (IIRC)

It would either have a higher trap, a quicker ET, or a bigger mod list to support his claim.

Mods:
SVT uim, lim, tb
msds headers
trubendz test pipe
12.2" tce wilwood kit
weight reduction

Slip scan?

Kenny (GMK) ran that time at Cougar Fest '05, he's got about 40 people to back him up. He should still have his slips though.

My friend ran 15.0s with headers and exhuast, cold air, chiped and not very good tires.
Never ran mine but mines stock and I would say 15s from my experince of a few hundred passes into the 11s.

Mods:
SVT uim, lim, tb
msds headers
trubendz test pipe
12.2" tce wilwood kit
weight reduction

I still don't believe it... He still has stock heads and stock cams.

Did you forget nitrous also in that list.

I still don't believe it... He still has stock heads and stock cams.

Did you forget nitrous also in that list.

Did you miss my post?

Kenny (GMK) ran that time at Cougar Fest '05, he's got about 40 people to back him up. He should still have his slips though.
If you search over on NECO you'll find his weight reduction thread. He had his car down to below 2500 pounds without cutting anything out of the car. It was pretty much stripped of an interior the day he ran. That and Kenny isn't (wasn't) afraid of beating on his car.

Last edited:
I did have weight reduction. My car weighed on the scales @ 2700lbs when i made those 14 second runs. (without me in the car)

I did in fact have stock cams and heads (not svt). bone stock tranny, clutch, flywheel.

NO NITROUS. :)

I deep staged and launched @ nearly 5000rpms. Purposely went through the water trap to incuce traction loss...the car span like crazy yet pulled forward and when it got traction would snap my neck back into the seat and off i go. (this was the only way to get a strong launch w/o wheelhop)

I made about 20+ runs that day most of which where back to back w/o stopping . I hit a 15.3 on my first run babying the car. Still on my orignal clutch @ 80k and it didnt skip a beat.

I still have the slips somewhere. :shrug:

Did you miss my post?

If you search over on NECO you'll find his weight reduction thread. He had his car down to below 2500 pounds without cutting anything out of the car. It was pretty much stripped of an interior the day he ran. That and Kenny isn't (wasn't) afraid of beating on his car.

Please let GMK respond, tks your words are not accurate obviously. Since he stated 2700 lbs.

Gmk 14.6 is a heck of a time. even at 2700 lbs. an average cougar runs what 15.9-16.1 a 1/4 mile. Thats 1.3 to 1.5 secs of a difference.

Igues its one of those needed to see it to believe it. No offense to you. You and i know of how many people that come on these boards claiming runs. It's just hard to beleive people after a while

Last edited:
I've met GMK and know he can drive well so I believe it. And everyone at cougar fest also having seen him do it makes it pretty credible. The weight reduction makes a big difference too.

Please let GMK respond, tks your words are not accurate obviously. Since he stated 2700 lbs.

Gmk 14.6 is a heck of a time. even at 2700 lbs. an average cougar runs what 15.9-16.1 a 1/4 mile. Thats 1.3 to 1.5 secs of a difference.

Igues its one of those needed to see it to believe it. No offense to you. You and i know of how many people that come on these boards claiming runs. It's just hard to beleive people after a while

My bad for misstating the weight, I recalled the weight from one of his older threads on NECO. Sub 2500 was his goal weight.

I've met GMK and know he can drive well so I believe it. And everyone at cougar fest also having seen him do it makes it pretty credible. The weight reduction makes a big difference too.

Kremit YOU lie!!!! You were never there....:laugh:

Oh you went to show, to show off your rice scort huh:shocked: :laugh:

I wasn't at cougar fest. I said I met him and know he can drive well. I've met him at the tail of the dragon twice and followed him on mountain roads and he can drive the crap out of a car. And then there's the people that were at cougar fest that can vouch for his times.

I wasn't at cougar fest. I said I met him and know he can drive well. I've met him at the tail of the dragon twice and followed him on mountain roads and he can drive the crap out of a car. And then there's the people that were at cougar fest that can vouch for his times.

Kremit i was kidding with you..... relaxe man.

Yeah 2500lbs was my ultimate goal. I never went far enough to acheive it. (Though i still believe it is certainaly an attainable goal)The lightest I ever had my cougar was 2680lbs. (w/o 5mph bumpers, but i didnt feel safe with them removed, so i was stuck with 2700lbs...ie 2835 with me in the car). a typical 99 cougar weighs about 2980lbs. Assuming you install the same lip kit i had on my cougar then 3000lbs.

I must have nailed mid 14s about 8-10 times that day. I found it much easier on my 19" wheels with KDW2s vs my 16" Rota grids with Kumho V700 slicks.

I was >< close to completing a completly built 3.0 with HMS tranny but bailed @ the last min and bought an S2000 instead. (shame on me)

I raced a CSVT with SHM headers(?), KKM intake, SCT chip and ? exhaust and from a roll his and my car are DEAD EVEN to 100+ mph. So I KNOW there are SVT contours out there with I/H/E which are capable of mid 14s.

Back