• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I/H/E CSVT Times!?

nafunu32

CEG'er
Hey guys, I read on the stock times sticky that a CSVT runs between an arguable 14.9 - 15.7. I was wondering about what a CSVT would run with intake, exhaust, and some headers.

Rofl.. I would, but my next 3 weekends are booked. This weekend im going to get the car, next weekend the inlaws are coming down, and the next I have to work.

Admin Edit - Street racing stories are not allowed. Try reading the forum rules again before your next post.

Last edited by a moderator:
meh, 1/4 mile times in these cars are mostly about being a good driver and being willing to abuse the heck out of the clutch. A former member here ran a 14.7 on a CSVT that was completely stock except for a catback and an aftermarket air filter.

Low 15's are a little off. I ran a low 15 bone stock my first time at the track. With I/H/E I would say at least in the mid to high 14 range. But I never take my SVT to the track, I NOW know that they are not for 1/4 miles, but for nice curvy (sp) roads (at or under the speed limit..of course)

Running it this weekend with SS Trubendz catless exhaust and a K&N air filter. I'll then install the headers 2-3 weeks later and run it again to see how much it helped.

Low 15's are a little off. I ran a low 15 bone stock my first time at the track. With I/H/E I would say at least in the mid to high 14 range. But I never take my SVT to the track, I NOW know that they are not for 1/4 miles, but for nice curvy (sp) roads (at or under the speed limit..of course)

Bone stock in Arizona during the summer I'd estimate my SVT at about 15.9 :( back before the 3L. With the 3L the damn thing in AZ/PHX area was only a low 15s car. I had to put on an exhaust/headers before I broke into the 14's
Of course my car was always heavy with stereo crap all through it.

Geez, that sucks. Wish I could afford to boost it. You guys wanna give me a kit and accept 5 bucks a month? lol

Yeah, it did suck. Things got a lot better when I moved to Texas the lower temps and altitude closer to sea level. I was able to go a bit deeper into the 14's. Still it wasn't enough so I boosted it.

$5 a month...not likely. lol

Bone stock in Arizona during the summer I'd estimate my SVT at about 15.9 :( back before the 3L. With the 3L the damn thing in AZ/PHX area was only a low 15s car. I had to put on an exhaust/headers before I broke into the 14's
Of course my car was always heavy with stereo crap all through it.
You got it... when mine was stock, my best time was 15.896 @ 87.4mph (in September). Phoenix heat sucks!

I'll see if I could find it. I had a friend that has been drag racing since he was 12 run my car on that run. I threw all the slips away that were in my car, I think that one was with it. I had one in my pocket of MY best time which was a 15.2. The track is in northern louisiana. Track is good, but not the best.

I can post the 15.2 if you guys want to see it?

I'll see if I could find it. I had a friend that has been drag racing since he was 12 run my car on that run. I threw all the slips away that were in my car, I think that one was with it. I had one in my pocket of MY best time which was a 15.2. The track is in northern louisiana. Track is good, but not the best.

I can post the 15.2 if you guys want to see it?

Do it, and look hard for the 14.9

Back