• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Huge difference

tourinit

CEG'er
This made a huge difference for me but it leaves the option for getting pulled over to come up, i have ten thousand khids, and instead of mounting regular i switched high and low beam spots. the low beam has a reflector peice that shiines the light back actually making it duller, but if you put them to the high beam its insane. also it makes it look a bit like the acura TL setup or a saturn sl View attachment 3821

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge difference

View attachment 3822This made a huge difference for me but it leaves the option for getting pulled over to come up, i have ten thousand khids, and instead of mounting regular i switched high and low beam spots. the low beam has a reflector peice that shiines the light back actually making it duller, but if you put them to the high beam its insane. also it makes it look a bit like the acura TL setup or a saturn sl View attachment 3821

Last edited by a moderator:
I promised the mod staff I would try to be nice but....

This is by far the stupidest thing I've seen anyone do on CEG.

Throw the 10k HID's in the garbage, you'll get better output (scientific fact) from a set of 4300 or 5000k. THEN, put them BACK in the low beam spot so the light is aimed AT LEAST A LITTLE BIT.

Jesus christ I'm glad I don't live near you... What the hell was your rational in this process??? I'm guessing it went like this "Lets try some cognitive thought...*cricket*"

i aswell am glad i do not live by you. if someone runs into you because your headlights have blinded them and they can no longer see the road. I will not be surprised.

not sure if this was a attempt to respond to a thread or not.

but you can just unscrew that little light cap, although you might have to take the light apart. it's like that because i believe low beam lights don't have that painted tip but i can't remember actually.

there is a reason that the low beam has a reflector .... its ther to aim and focus the light so people infront of you are not blinded.

plus ditch the 10k hids. how do you even see at night or in bad weather with those?

10000k i can see perfect and i really dont care towards how the rest of you feel considering alot of your rides are pretty gay anyway.

10000k? You do know what "k" means right? Anyway, I find it funny that you think most of our rides on here are "pretty gay". Sorry we can't all have '98 contours with bright ass lights, "angel eye" fog lights and pink interior door panels...

3173607_22_full.jpg

:nonono:

10000k i can see perfect and i really dont care towards how the rest of you feel considering alot of your rides are pretty gay anyway.

I'm about two steps from giving you an infraction for stupidity under the guise of insulting other members.

Ok, I am one of the easiest guys to get along with on this site, but that is THE STUPIDEST thing I have ever heard of!!! 10K HIDS are about as good as a pen light for total output. Sure they might look "cool" but they suck, there is a reason why most people get the 4300K.....real output that is above stock levels! They don't have to switch their high and low beams around!!!! Thank God you haven't caused an accident yet. :nonono:

Just lock it up and maybe he will read more and learn from other posts. And then when he has a clue he wont make such mistakes. I mean come on...he has an automatic disguise as a 5-spd..thinks spray painted SE wheels are 'custom' , and thought for a min. that he could pull off PINK interior... btw, good idea chainging it, though crushed velvet is still a no no... But i give him this, he sure is proud of those pink headlights... but y not just put a freekin realy in the DRL spot to get the half lit pink, so those "stupid pigs" dont find your "stupid @$$"

My 2₵...

i've never seen someone tape off the center reflector and paint it, instead of just removing the what 8 nuts to take it off the car...haha

The light issue is a simple fix of a directed application of a short length of rebar either upside the driver's head or to the headlamps by someone who's been blinded by his oncoming lights.... TG he doesn't live in this area.

Back