• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good bye....

Awww, c'mon guys, the SRT-4's aren't all that bad. :shrug:

100_5872.JPG

And the Contour SVT still is one of the best looking sedans, even many years after being out of production. :laugh:

svtprojectpicmain.jpg

8K for a 13-12 sec. car is not bad at all. But i think the chick car with balls is a funny analogy. I think i would'a kept the SVT or gotten something more rare. Im a sucker for rare cars:eek:

interesting how a low 14 second car turns into a 12 second car on the internet all the time somehow. ;)

sweet deal imho for 8 grand, my friend had an 04 i think? and it was pretty sweet, fast, had some stuff done to it, i think he ran a 14 flat (probably not the greatest driver)

definately more of a 1/4 mile car than the svt would ever be... of course I may have sided with those who expressed opinions on putting the 8g's into the car (however irrational that may be!)

have fun!

a bone stock SRT4 on slicks will rip off a 13.2 to 13.3 pass with a decent driver. Stage 2 on slicks will definitely be into the 12's easily.

I've seen as fast as 13.7 BONE stock(even tires) out of them, it all depends on weather conditions and the driver.

On further note, congrats on the purchase.. You will enjoy it truly.

Needs more LSD is right tough!

And btw, welcome to the club
DSC_0382.jpg

DSC_0380.jpg

My good buddy has a couple more mods, then me..
agp wastegate, solid mounts, mopar bov, full catback... and he pulled a 12.8 last fall.

Don't let people bring you down when they tell ya its still a neon... that joke is 5 years old already, nothings better then handing peoples ass's to them in a neon.

why? everybody next car is a srt-4 i reject te idea. i prefer the csvt over any dodge.

anyway.

good deal on that a friend made a full swap to his neon 2001, he bought a 2003 wrecked and change all, and now have a srt-4 for less of 3000 .

why? everybody next car is a srt-4 i reject te idea. i prefer the csvt over any dodge.

anyway.

good deal on that a friend made a full swap to his neon 2001, he bought a 2003 wrecked and change all, and now have a srt-4 for less of 3000 .

Everybody's next car is an srt-4? I don't get it...

so you rather take an 8 year old car that spins bearings, and blows diffs with no warrenty? vs a newer car thats pretty darn reliable and pretty darn fast

fact for fact a contour is still a contour.. and a neon is still a neon, at least the srt-4 has a far superior drivetrain compared the most reg. neons, vs the contour having just a "slightly better" v6.

Final comment

Comparing a srt4 to a neon is like comparing your girlfriend to her mother.. they share the same parts, but the experience is just so much better.

drove an '05 a while back, I actually liked it but just couldn't part with the svt nor did I want to have car payments.Another thing is I hate when ppl talk smack on the srt-4s calling them neon's thats just like the svt being called just a regular contour with a bodykit.I don't know about you guys but the difference between both cars are vastly different.
Anywho nice pick up def. like it,now lets see some 12's!!!!:cool:

Everybody's next car is an srt-4? I don't get it...

so you rather take an 8 year old car that spins bearings, and blows diffs with no warrenty? vs a newer car thats pretty darn reliable and pretty darn fast

fact for fact a contour is still a contour.. and a neon is still a neon, at least the srt-4 has a far superior drivetrain compared the most reg. neons, vs the contour having just a "slightly better" v6.

Final comment

Comparing a srt4 to a neon is like comparing your girlfriend to her mother.. they share the same parts, but the experience is just so much better.

yes some ceg who have in the past csvt have now an srt-4 ,

i agree with you an srt-4 is better now. let see in 10 years.

i love all these people saying how you could build the fastest CSVT for $8K. that's like being employee of the month at mcdonalds. you may be special amongst your peers, but to the rest of the world, you still have a slow focking car. :laugh:

I know a couple of customers that picked theirs up from trade ins at dealers. In Canadian dollars, they paid $14K or under, which is a steal compared to the typical asking price for a used one. Also, these cars had low mileage too. It's being in the right place at the right time.

I bought mine brand new back in October 2003. It was built in September 2003, was one of the first 20 that came into Canada. I paid near full price because I wanted to get one early. In hindsight, I should have waited until after December 2003, because Chrysler upgraded the front axles and added a Kicker speaker upgrade.

Good thing though, are the revised axles are relatively cheap and hold as much power as the aftermarket axles available for the SRT-4.

101_2157.jpg

The SRT-4 is what it is, reasonably quick in a straight line, easy to make a little faster because its turbo, but it still doesn't handle terribly well, and its still a neon. It's a one-trick pony, and if that's what you want, its perfect.

I test drove one a couple of years ago and hated it. Sure they are fast but that isn't everything. The build quality on the inside was very subpar, in my opinion. They don't handle the greatest and they just don't look all that great. But then again they are extreamly mod-able and they are cheap.

Back