• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How in the hell...?

Not too far fetched. Depends on the power spread. Guy at the track the other day had a turboed 4. Seems like everything was tuned for top end. Out of the whole, the car got left behind. But once the turbo spooled and the motor got on top it pulled like mad. Quarter track he was a full length behind. Half was almost even. Three quarters was a car ahead and finished strong. Medium ET but high trap.

D13:
Not sure what you meant by not too far fetched. The 149mph trap of the new Skyline is too far fetched, no question.
I understand turbo cars can and usually have higher traps compared to nitrous/blower cars....I'm building one actually.
However, to think this production car could trap that speed in the 1/4 mile is not possible.
-J

AWD systems now are really high tech. Step above a simple transfer case and front and rear diff. Everything is done to obtain the highest level of grip in all situations. That is the difference.

I am aware of how the systems work these days. Matched with the stability control, it must be some amazing stuff. Impressive to say the least. :cool:

D13:
Not sure what you meant by not too far fetched. The 149mph trap of the new Skyline is too far fetched, no question.
I understand turbo cars can and usually have higher traps compared to nitrous/blower cars....I'm building one actually.
However, to think this production car could trap that speed in the 1/4 mile is not possible.
-J

Someone call "Myth Busters":help: :help: :help:

I'd take those magazine tests for a grain of salt. Case in point, Road & Track puts the MazdaSpeed6 and 3 within .2s of each other on the 1/4 mile, but some how or other, their test MS6 took over 24s to go 0-100 whereas the test MS3 did it in just 15s. THAT doesn't add up; MS6 goes 0-89 in 15s, and 89-100 in another 10s? :nonono:

I'd take those magazine tests for a grain of salt. Case in point, Road & Track puts the MazdaSpeed6 and 3 within .2s of each other on the 1/4 mile, but some how or other, their test MS6 took over 24s to go 0-100 whereas the test MS3 did it in just 15s. THAT doesn't add up; MS6 goes 0-89 in 15s, and 89-100 in another 10s? :nonono:

AWD :blackeye:

Apparantly. For fear of going to banned camp, I can say that I think I can run 0-100 in less than 25s; despite what R&T says. :p

I just found Car and Driver test the MS6 0-100 in 15s; yet Road and Track lists over 24s for the same test. Screw these magazines! :crazy:

Last edited:
Trap speed is stupid wrong in this case. Agreed.
However, the Attesa AWD system and this new adaptation of it is a miraculous thing. This is a four corner torque and brake-biasing system that also employs active body control including yaw rate to determine the split of the drive wheels (active Center Diff) and the biasing of power. I wouldn't doubt this thing is a monster on the Ring.

Back