• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How in the hell...?

Seems to me the Mustang is doing rather well on the tracks and in the showroom, Roger. Pretty much the point of building a capable car, and Ford is doing for half the price.

doing what for half price? stock GT does not compare in any way, shape or form to a C6 vette...even a base model. The Cobra, while nice, is only fast in a straight line. and at 45+k i wouldn't cal lthat half the price.

i'd save for a few more months and get the better car, which is the vette.

This is obviously a typo, probably should be 119mph.
Absolutely impossible to run that trap with that power/weight.
Play with some online power/weight/gear calculators if you doubt this.
I geared my LX to clear the traps at 145ish and it should have no problems doing this with a 3.50 gear, 3300#, and 800hp.
Sweet looking car though, I just read about it in the recent C&D.
-J

well what gearing does the skyline have? Some cars have fast ET and low MPH, like some civics I see at the tracks, they run in the tens with little over 100mph. This can be true for the skylines ET, because if you compare ctwo cars with same ET's they would not always have the same MPH.

well what gearing does the skyline have? Some cars have fast ET and low MPH, like some civics I see at the tracks, they run in the tens with little over 100mph. This can be true for the skylines ET, because if you compare ctwo cars with same ET's they would not always have the same MPH.

lmfao... i'd love to see a true 10 second car that only traps just above 100 mph. if you happen to see such a thing, it was a low 9 second car that shutdown half track.

you're just a fountain of misinformation, aren't you?

so you (MXracer) are saying that a civic running 10's are running over 135? don't think so there little guy!!!!!!!!!!!!:shrug:

so you (MXracer) are saying that a civic running 10's are running over 135? don't think so there little guy!!!!!!!!!!!!:shrug:

more with the little guy stuff? do you want to see my "little guy"? i'm sure he'll be happy to leave a nice mushroom print on your forehead.

let me know when you remove your head from your posterior. a 14 second car traps 100mph.

One:
all the language, and anatomy references are DONE... period.

two:
nobody wants to see ANYTHING from ANYONE's "little guy".

three: I've trapped 108 AND 102 and ran mid 13's each time..

Ya, I was gonna say they haven't made a c5 or one with an ls6 going on 3 years lol.

The data everywere on this car seems iffy. They fact that its faster than the z06 on the ring sounds strange to me. Not that Nissan couldn't do it. But the lightest configured z06 is almost 700lbs lighter and has 70 more horse power. Doesn't add up. Technology can only make you so much faster. That AWD system would be the only deciding factor, if that is the case, it must be one hell of a system.
AWD systems now are really high tech. Step above a simple transfer case and front and rear diff. Everything is done to obtain the highest level of grip in all situations. That is the difference.

AWD systems now are really high tech. Step above a simple transfer case and front and rear diff. Everything is done to obtain the highest level of grip in all situations. That is the difference.

there is nothing an awd system can do in that car to net that high of a trap speed. zilch. zip. nada.

A friend of mine was talking to me about this last night actually...didn't know there was a thread going on about it here. We both agreed that 149 is way too high. One of our friends has a boosted 00 SS that has trapped 151 in the quarter with an ET of 9.7. I think they maybe got an ET and then pulled a trap speed out of a hat.

lmfao... i'd love to see a true 10 second car that only traps just above 100 mph. if you happen to see such a thing, it was a low 9 second car that shutdown half track.

you're just a fountain of misinformation, aren't you?

Unfiretruckin' believable Dave:laugh:

Yeah, I too would love to see a car run something like a 10.25@101:rolleyes: I remember one time I was in the waterbox w/ the GN and got too much water up in the wheelwells and launched the car and it spun for half the track and in the meantime I was waiting for it to "hook", but the only thing it did was head towards the guardrail:eek: So I got out of it, hit the gas at half track and ran a, IIRC, a 14.8@100.

This "fountain of misinformation" is almost banable or a good source of laughter:laugh:

Back