• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HIDS w/ One Year Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will be his second post. LOL! He lurks.

HIDS

HIDS

Yeah the kit was very easy to install, with a few big zip ties and screwdriver to rmove the head light. Its all plug and play the only thing to look out for is the plug that connects to the factory wiring. my kit was pined backwards, i have seen this before on a few HID kits. easy fix though, just turn the plug around.(make sure the black wire is on the same side of both plugs) i also adjusted the aim of the lights for best results. all in all I am very happy. thanks again rob. I will post picks once i get the fog light kit for steph and the low beam for my pre98.

So i got the fog light kit for stephs car and the low beam kit for my pr98. again very easy install, plug and play. being sure that the black wires were on the same side of the plugs, a common issue with the 9006 kits. i work at a stereo shop and have done a bunch of hid kits. my fellow installer had the same issue with his civic. dont let that scare you away from the kits. just had to turn the plug over and plug it in "backwards". they work and look great on my beater and stephs car both low beam and fogs. I will post pics in the next few days. Very happy i might even order a fourth kit, for the svt. if any one has questions on the install pm me, happy to help. thanks again Rob.

no prob.. im here for you guys... profit is very minimal and i just want volume and happy customers....

Last edited:
Kit looks good, and good review so far.

whos' the manufacturur for the balasts?

Got a sales pitch to convince me to buy from you instead of the ebay kits?

good sale pitch? can you really trust in ebay kits?? besides the fact i charge real shipping prices and now $30 to ship out something that weighs 2 lbs... plus knowing that down here in miami theres atleast 40 cars with these kits and w.e problem has occured has been fixed immediately...

and dont forget i had paid $275 for a "good" ebay kit 2.5 years ago and within 4 months i need a new kit...

For the contours how hard is the install?
I don't see the original tab style connector in the pictures..

Just curious... how does this kit compare to the VVME kits? Because a guy can kit that kit with a one year warranty for $72.99 through their website?

I bought them for my wife's 94 Acura Integra and was extremely impressed with them. So I'm really asking why should I buy these over those? Is there something this kit has to offer that the other doesn't? Please let me know. Thanks.

For the contours how hard is the install?
I don't see the original tab style connector in the pictures..

If this kit is like the others I've seen the harness plugs into the OEM headlight harness and then runs that power to the ballasts, which in turn power the HID bulbs.

If this kit is like the others I've seen the harness plugs into the OEM headlight harness and then runs that power to the ballasts, which in turn power the HID bulbs.

Nvm I see the connector. I was talking about the bulb mounting itself, not the power plug.

update... so far numerous kits sold... if its possible, could one of the customers that purchased a kit please post pics when possible.... i know it may be a hassle to upload and post but giving your word means something...

I will be posting my pics up this week or next. The car is in the air with the transmission on the floor. I am doing the hightower mod on some new headlights. This is where I am....

Attachments

• n638237060_645557_9406.jpg
    n638237060_645557_9406.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 0
Rob i spoke to you tonight on the phone about my HID kit..When i get it i'll post before and after and side by side photos..

i know it may be a hassle to upload and post but giving your word means something...

Doug would have posted pictures but his 'tour (not the SVT) got hit and totaled by an unlicensed/uninsured DUI driver. Luckily he wasn't in the Contour when it got hit, it was parked. Since that was his means of transportation for the winter, he had to go on a hunt for another car, work his full time job, get estimates on the damage and file court papers so he could get restitution. :( The court date is coming up soon.
I'm sure he'll post a few when he gets a few minutes to take some.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back