• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HIDS w/ One Year Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill post pics asap.. unfortunately i dont own a camera due to my g/f dropping it in the ocean... lol but ill post pics prob tomm...

Dumb Question but whats better?
D2S-D2R

D2R bulbs have a sheild on them and are made for cars with reflector housings (non-projectors, contour headlights)

D2S bulbs are for projector housings.

You should order D2R bulbs or you will get lots of light scattered all over the place and will annoy other drivers.

hey guys FINALLY!!! lol i got the pics up... this is the 9006 8k... all of you should know what 8k is its the blue color....

BOX
IMG_4840.jpg

complete plug & play kit
IMG_4841.jpg

IMG_4842.jpg

kit assembled
IMG_4845.jpg

i can get 6k white, 8k blue, 3k yellow, pink and purple... and also the ROYAL ROYAl blue which is considered illegal in most states

How long are you and your bud going to have these? That looks like a pretty good setup, even though I know nothing about hid's? LOL! $h!+ sounds like a hell of a deal with a 1 year warranty IMAO.

we should have these for a longtime.. im trying to make it a part time job... just gotta invest in having a larger inventory

Do these come with wiring harnesses? If not, I am out. I would not install an HID setup without them.

what do you mean wiring harness?? its in the last pics.. where the 9006 plug connects into... its just like connecting the 9006 socket into a 9006 bulb....

it appears this kit does not run back to the battery and does not have an in-line fuse. I guess it is up to the buyer if they want that sort of setup or not.

like i previously mentioned, there are a minimum of 30 cars down here in miami with these kits installed and i have yet to here a big problem.. only a couple complaints that one headlamp turned off but when they came back, i checked the fuse and of course it was blown.. all you have to really do is put in the next stronger fuse and there wont be any problems..

what do you mean wiring harness?? its in the last pics.. where the 9006 plug connects into... its just like connecting the 9006 socket into a 9006 bulb....

The wiring harness is a fused connection to the battery. It goes inbetween the factory plug and the ballast. The factory 9006 plug shouldn't go straight into the ballast.

i also forgot to add about the paypal 3% fee lol.. i had a transaction for a couple ktis today and i realized when it was too late.. for each kit it is $4.50 extra for the paypal fee...

$154.50 plus shipping (anywhere from $10-$12)

My daughter has them installed on her Contour. She likes them.
Her BF, black98csvt, got them for her for her B'day and installed them yesterday morning. Doug tells me that it was an easy install. He installed the higher amp fuse as Rob suggested also.

I'll ask him to post so he can give some direct information.

No problem Rob.
Doug did say that he ordered the fog light kit and another kit for his "winter" Contour.
Steph tells me that she is quite pleased with the light output, she can see much better at night now. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back