• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

heat pump lol

TRicker

Hard-core CEG'er
won't be able to run a hood ahhahahaha

36193_462002823135_658008135_6257669_5349920_n.jpg

36193_462002843135_658008135_6257670_1298880_n.jpg

36193_462002853135_658008135_6257671_764273_n.jpg

36193_462002903135_658008135_6257673_182461_n.jpg

36193_462002868135_658008135_6257672_806322_n.jpg

OOOOOOHOooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooo I was actually pondering doing somthing like this:
2002-enginepic.JPG

But i don't has a m90 or any money :p You do it.

what i dont understand with that jackshaft setup is how does it not slip the belt when the engine moves, because that blower is mounted to the chassis not to the engine, it wont move with the engine. a really good spring tensioner? lol

it clears the hood. i can make a jackshaft that is about 3/4" in diameter that would go across the top of the engine between the valve cover and intake manifold, and have brackets for it coming off the valve cover bolts or for something stronger go from the motor mount. something like this can work and i bet i can get it working for under 400$

32532_462043323135_658008135_6258441_1679317_n.jpg

32532_462043313135_658008135_6258440_8285676_n.jpg

Hey Tricker; would this type of supercharger give more low end torque ? ..and not just power up top, which falls off very quickly with rev.s I'm looking to boost my 2.5L to 7-8 psi without screaming the nuts off it ...v. interested and i have moolah set aside G.B. ?...G.

yeah its a M90 unit. so it'll probably push more boost than i will want. i will have to figure out a bypass valve setup and be very careful at first when using it. these superchargers supply 8 to 10 psi on a 3.8 pushrod motor so it might push more like 12-13 without an intercooler. if you want an easier setup, get a M62 which is more properly sized for a contour. there is a lot to be fabbed to make this work. if you have cash set aside, just save a little more and buy blackcoog's vortech kit

yeah its a M90 unit. so it'll probably push more boost than i will want. i will have to figure out a bypass valve setup and be very careful at first when using it. these superchargers supply 8 to 10 psi on a 3.8 pushrod motor so it might push more like 12-13 without an intercooler. if you want an easier setup, get a M62 which is more properly sized for a contour. there is a lot to be fabbed to make this work. if you have cash set aside, just save a little more and buy blackcoog's vortech kit
This is perfect for me.. no hole cutting, very short outlet pipe for less lag, i already have batteries in the trunk.. so moving the battery is as good as done.i have a traction control unit in the corner i don't want to lose. Maybe later when this has moved along a little you might want to involve others. .. just posting my interest... g.

SICK! lol

Edit so wait where do you plan on running the shaft? Between the intake and the valvecover???????? Where abouts?

Also, do you know if the snouts are interchangeable? i image you could swap over one with out the huge long...thing, with a shorter one like i posted?

SICK! lol

Edit so wait where do you plan on running the shaft? Between the intake and the valvecover???????? Where abouts?

Also, do you know if the snouts are interchangeable? i image you could swap over one with out the huge long...thing, with a shorter one like i posted?

between the valve cover and intake as low as possible. why would i want to waste more money buying new snouts? you could, but my plan here is cheap. also, i want to have the shortest jackshaft possible. any extra is just more weight/parasitic loss. i'm going to probably start with a steel shaft and eventually swap to an aluminum or titanium one if the supercharger idea actually works.

You should cut a hole in the trans bell housing and run it off the flywheel. :)
:crazy:
between the valve cover and intake as low as possible. why would i want to waste more money buying new snouts? you could, but my plan here is cheap. also, i want to have the shortest jackshaft possible. any extra is just more weight/parasitic loss. i'm going to probably start with a steel shaft and eventually swap to an aluminum or titanium one if the supercharger idea actually works.

Well it looks as if your hitting those coolant hoses, i guess your going to make a bracket and raise the eaton up?

:crazy:

Well it looks as if your hitting those coolant hoses, i guess your going to make a bracket and raise the eaton up?
'''

ya it was just sitting on them. it will be up a little bit also it wasnt sitting quite level. it might be a little crammed for the intake side, and i plan on running a draw-through maf so that stuff will be in the bumper unfortunately

In your pictures, it looks like there would even be enough room to run a decent sized cooler. Good luck... it looks cool and promising.

the project isnt taking off very fast just yet. i got bearings and pulleys to start on the jackshaft. i have to pull my motor tomorrow and swap my clutch and do a few things. in that time i might mock up the jackshaft and get going on some bracketry for them. once i get something that surely works, i'm going to have it fashioned in aluminum so it will look nice and be light. the first setup will be a little rough but i think i can still do pretty well in steel for now. the main goal is to get it running then worry about the details after i prove it will work. i think i have about 60 bucks in the bearings (new) and pulleys (used) that i needed. so in what i have, it looks like about 80 bucks for the supercharger, 60 in bearings and pulleys, (i have a few that i needed though) and another 14$ in aluminum stock for the shaft itself. i have the steel stock here. this takes more patience and ability than it does money it seems.

Hey Tricker; how did the clutch go ? ... did you make any progress with the jackshaft ? pictures
icon14.gif
... G.

Back