• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GT500+Kenne Bell...

Nothing like the sound of a Kenne Bell. I thinks its a little funny that most of the blowers they sell are bigger that 90% of the engines Honda makes.

Is there a link to that article???

Mark

what article? :shrug:
My guess is that he is thinking about the article in 5.0. They had a nice article of a chevy fan who fell in love with a Mustang. He bought a GT before the GT500 came out and he then wanted a GT500. Instead he just decided to mod the GT and now has over 500hp. His goal is 800hp i believe.

I dont think a stock 4.6 3v would make 700 hp stock. as far as i know , i have mine at its extreme limits and wouldnt dare put anymore power to it . now i know multiple guys with 03-04 650rwhp cobras that the motors are completley stock. most of them havent even taking off the valve covers. that 03-04 motor is a beast. now if you want a stout motor go for the new 5.0 "cammer" motor its the 4.6 32v but punched out to a 5.0 . but i cant figure out why its 16k. I cant belive that that new gt500 put down that much power.

There is no article. I think it's been made pretty clear that it was at the shop that MX works at/next to. Walsh Motorsports (or whatever the official name is)

depends which one he gets. :shrug:

correct. wasnt talkin about some 2.2L kit pshhh

I was planing on going all out and getting the 2.8L "Big Bore" competition kit.

and i forgot to state that i meant when all of this goes down i wasnt just gonna slap a supercharger on. Would break sumthin doin that. I would build up the motor and drivetrain so that it could handle all the raw power. you gotta admit KB Cobras are pretty sweet

Last edited:
I thought KB already got 800rwhp with the 2.8L from the GT500? I know in this months Muscle Mustangs they pulled 79xwhp with a TB, MAF, and supporting fuel system. I can't recall boost but they did say it made over 800whp on a cooler run.

Back