• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fort Adams Car Show - Newport RI

BrApple

No Life But CEG
The Fort Adams Car show will be Sunday October 4th. This is a great show that take place on the Newport Harbor at Fort Adams facing the Newport Bridge.

As the date gets alittle close we can set up a meeting time and place.

Do note at this time 138 between 95 and rt 2, I believe thats all, is torn up really bad. I will keep in check on this and get a report of how it is a few days before. However looking at the map 165 is more direct for us coming from upstate CT.

Fort Adams

Attending:
Aircougar
Newcat16
brapple

Last edited:
when and where do people want to meet to go to Newport for the show?

We will want to avoid Rt 138. Rt1/2 was milled but has been paved already heading East. Coming back this way wasn't to bad but is going to be more south for most of the people going.

I'll most likely be coming from Gales Ferry so I will meet you guys on the way out.

also are we going rain or shine?

I am most likely going rain or shine...

I will be going down the Mass Pike to rt 146 to 295, etc... will be in my SVT driving behind the wife and her friend in the hyundai...

What time are we going to be there for? And just a FYI, DO NOT GO DOWN any part of THAMES St. in Newport !!! They are fixing a large section of cobblestones right near the entrance to Thames by the Brick Alley Pub, and there are 4" high cobblestone strips everywhere! Wouldn't want to try and drive over those with our Lowered cars...

from what I found on the web the show is 9 to 3, judging will be from 10 or 11 to 1.

I think in the past we have arrived near 9 am or soon after.

Last edited:
here is the suggest google maps route. its suggesting 138 to 165 to 102.

enfield to newport

also as a suggested meeting point. there is a commuter parking lot on 1A just off 138 before the jamestown bridge. I would suggest meeting there alittle before 9 am.

Last edited:
will be in my SVT driving behind the wife and her friend in the hyundai...:shrug::crazy::laugh:

Me running is way faster then your car....

plus i thought we were avoiding 138? is it good till the split with 165?I'm debating taking rt2 to 95 to exit 5a if the roads are actually junk(pending road update from brapple) We will have to see this weekend. Let me know.

RT 138 between Rt 95 and Rt 2 in RI is still torn up.

the split of 138 and 165 is in CT. Rt138 is exit 85 off 395 in CT. I don't know but I would believe Rt 138 ok here.

also if you want to head to 95 take exit 92 for rt 2 to 78 to 1 and take 1 all the way up to the Jamestown bridge. I did this last weekend and it worked well. Rt 1 is being repaved in this area but the road was only milled. plus heading East it has one layer of pavement already so the road is good.

Also if you want to take 95 from 395 that is the area that I will most likely be leaving from so we can set a meeting spot up around the area. it take about an hour to an hour ten to get from enfield to groton as a fyi. Newport from Groton is about 1.5 hours.

to bring this back to the top. 10 day forcast is calling for showers. Im not sure that I want to go if its going to be raining or have the chance for rain. I did a heart walk yesterday in the rain, it was good but the rain definately killed it some.

any thoughts?

btw 138 is still ripped up as I have indicated before.

I definitely wont be going now...

SVT is still being worked on, and I will be going to NYC to pick up something that afternoon... another year :( !

ok so greg and jared are out. I don't think that I will be going either. Need alittle down time this weekend and the cars need a wax before winter starts setting in ... so maybe next year.

Back