• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fastest Contour/Cougar

I am so gonna just go for an NA 3L.

Yea...demon is the man. I very much respect his efforts and knowledge that he shared with us on ceg. HE still pops in now and then :) makes 2-3 posts then leaves for a month.

I've heard a lot of stories about his driving skills....and lets say many people were amazed... seeing him in action :)

what suprises me is the internals dont really seem to have changed much, it looks like most of his effort was spent on machining.

Yup. He said, for the most part, it is just a 3.0L. But like said already, the man knows how to drive. There are two people on this site, that I know of, that are exceptionally good at launching these cars. Nima and Demon

Damn you beat my fastest time of 25.7 1/4 :mad: Maybe i should put my 1/4 mile time in my signature...:laugh:

Oh hellz yes!!! Take that suck'a!!! Not only that, but that was with the wind IN my face with Scorpions "Rock Me Like a Hurricane" blasting!

I still want to know what an "anti-lag" system is... is that like an intake tornado? a leaf blower? what?

I mean yeah...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BORG...emQQimsxZ20090126?IMSfp=TL0901261510007r22738

Dual scroll AR1.15. Seems like the come with different trims under the same model number.

He was suprised that 1 turbocharger model would be made in more than 1 trim on the impeller, so I am guessing his knowledge of turbochargers goes about as far as the fast and the furious.

I'm ten grand deep into my car and not done. And I built my turbo kit for about 1/4 of the NPG kit.

A mod should really delete/clean/lock this thread.

I wish you the best of luck with your project. We just want some more information/background about what you're doing, and you're not giving us it, hence the short tempers. If you want to wait to reveil it, that's cool. Good luck!

I'm ten grand deep into my car and not done. And I built my turbo kit for about 1/4 of the NPG kit.

A mod should really delete/clean/lock this thread.

Why should a mod delete or lock the thread? Cause you lost your temper earlier? Cause you dont really know what you are talking about? So noone remember you promised a 12 second contour when you embarrass yourself later? Wow. You know, I bet you I could dig up threads with KAOS saying the same stuff as you nearly verbatim. Didnt you say like pages and pages ago you werent gonna come here anymore?

Honestly, I think most people want to know what is going on with your car, and since you keep insisting that none of us know anything about what we are talking about, we would like to know your credentials. Also, I would really love to know how you built this super turbo kit of yours for under 900 bucks, since that is a quarter of the top end system NPG offers. I mean you insist you have put over 10k into your car, and it is gonna be a beast, but you were suprised to find out that an s200 turbo could be had in different trim, you didnt know what a subframe connector was, and lets be honest. For 900 bucks, if you count the cost of piping, couplers, a BOV, an intercooler, and a turbo alone, you would have to be picking up either knock off junk, or really used stuff. For 900 bucks after buying all that crap, that leaves you no money to rebuild that stuff. Who spends 10k on mystery engine/suspension mods then goes el cheapo on a turbocharger setup?

Just a tip, cut the BS. Or dont be suprised when people call you out on it, and dont start going off on people when they ask you to tell us why you think they are wrong, and when they tell you their experiences with the same platform and "too much power"

/pwning

dude its hard to get it in some people's head. we're not trying to personally attack you, but after a while we get sick of all the new guys coming around to take the world over with a contour and a screename. All of us were there once. but you gotta realize, some of us have been doing this a while. some of us have had the power capable to run in the 12's or even 11's, but its a handicapped platform. if you come out swingin with 12's, i'll be excited for you. i sure plan on doing low 13's and getting my name on the "fast contour" list but seriously, trash talk like 'im gonna show you all up" is just mainly for fun. i have said it, but never was too serious. mostly i say stuff like that in the spirit of competition, or because i believe in my own abilities. still though. ya gotta keep your cool :)

Why should a mod delete or lock the thread? Cause you lost your temper earlier? Cause you dont really know what you are talking about? So noone remember you promised a 12 second contour when you embarrass yourself later? Wow. You know, I bet you I could dig up threads with KAOS saying the same stuff as you nearly verbatim. Didnt you say like pages and pages ago you werent gonna come here anymore?

Honestly, I think most people want to know what is going on with your car, and since you keep insisting that none of us know anything about what we are talking about, we would like to know your credentials. Also, I would really love to know how you built this super turbo kit of yours for under 900 bucks, since that is a quarter of the top end system NPG offers. I mean you insist you have put over 10k into your car, and it is gonna be a beast, but you were suprised to find out that an s200 turbo could be had in different trim, you didnt know what a subframe connector was, and lets be honest. For 900 bucks, if you count the cost of piping, couplers, a BOV, an intercooler, and a turbo alone, you would have to be picking up either knock off junk, or really used stuff. For 900 bucks after buying all that crap, that leaves you no money to rebuild that stuff. Who spends 10k on mystery engine/suspension mods then goes el cheapo on a turbocharger setup?

Just a tip, cut the BS. Or dont be suprised when people call you out on it, and dont start going off on people when they ask you to tell us why you think they are wrong, and when they tell you their experiences with the same platform and "too much power"

/pwning

And you said i came off harsh in the exhaust thread that one time :laugh:

Your sweeping around ceg with a vacuum cleaner :laugh:

I know what you mean yeah. but seriously, I had to read through 5 or 6 pages of it while I was looking to see if anyone said what was in demons 3L.

I didnt realize it was actually that easy to push a 3L to the traction limits on these cars.

I know what you mean yeah. but seriously, I had to read through 5 or 6 pages of it while I was looking to see if anyone said what was in demons 3L.

I didnt realize it was actually that easy to push a 3L to the traction limits on these cars.

Demon did indeed break his axle on his final run.

Back