• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Factory AM/FM/CD (single DIN) Stereo Part #???

crystalship1

New CEG'er
Anybody happen to know what the Ford part number for the above stereo that would fit in a '98?

This is the single DIN unit, not the one that has the separate CD player installed below the radio.

I'm betting one of you here got that type of pull!!! ;)

Thanks for any enlightenment!!! :)

Dealer was little help on anything older than 2000. They couldn't even find my VIN in the Ford network to check to see if all the recalls had been done. Google and eBay was also no help on the actual part number. :nonono:

Nobody here knows the mod./part number of said stereo??? :shocked:

THIS Stereo/Radio:

FordSingleDINsm..jpg

And... if anyone has one of these in good, working condition and for a reasonable price.., I would be interested!!! :)

Thanks for the find, Lavell but I don't have the premium sound package and I'm pretty sure that does make a difference.

To answer your question, I don't need a lot of power and no one is going to trash my car to get at an OEM stereo.

I find that a set of good speakers with a high sensitivity rating of 90 or higher db's and minimum power levels requirements in the single digits usually works good for me. And I have problems seeing the controls of most after-market units as they have far too many options/features going on for me.

Got these on the way: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-vtFnQMx0SHd/p_130TSG6843/Pioneer-TS-G6843R.html

Sucks getting old!!! :cry:

Thanks again!!!

Roger :)

its not worth the time or effort to add premium sound to a car that doesn't have one so that you can use the factory cd player. btw its only like 20 watts x 4. a cheap aftermarket radio is going to be just fine with a cheap set of speakers, and worlds better then the factory setup in these cars.

those pioneer speakers will sound nice with an aftermarket radio ....

Yeah... I never wanted or intended that. All I want to know is what the Ford part number to the NON-Premium AM/FM/CD (Single DIN) stereo is.

But it seems I've asked the equivalent of how to change lead to gold. ;) lol

its not worth the time or effort to add premium sound to a car that doesn't have one so that you can use the factory cd player. btw its only like 20 watts x 4. a cheap aftermarket radio is going to be just fine with a cheap set of speakers, and worlds better then the factory setup in these cars.

those pioneer speakers will sound nice with an aftermarket radio ....

There is no part number for a non premium cd player. Ford did not make a cd player for that application. If you wanted a factory cd player you had to get the premium sound. Which isn't nothing more than a factory amp that most of us by pass when we install an aftermarket cd player.

Ahhhh..... OK then. Thanks for that info.!!! :)

There is no part number for a non premium cd player. Ford did not make a cd player for that application. If you wanted a factory cd player you had to get the premium sound. Which isn't nothing more than a factory amp that most of us by pass when we install an aftermarket cd player.

as noted there isn't a non-premium sound cd-player for this car.

now I have only seen it once, and still believe its premium sounds, but there was an option to get a tape and seperate cd-player. the cd-player would be in the second dim openning for a pre98. but not sure how that setup works.

Back