• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Energy Suspension Rear C.A.B.(Bushing)Set

Okay, so I am taking this back to the beginning... ES part number 4.3154 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rear...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories) bushings are for the trailing arm, that runs parallel to the length of the car, correct? The small and large bushings go in these places, right?

attachment.php

I read in another thread something about these trailing arms, and that they allow for passive rear steering... How will replacing the stock bushings with the ES ones effect this PRS?

ALSO, I keep hearing this talk about a "sleeve"... What is that?

Attachments

• Trailing..jpg
    Trailing..jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 0
Yes, that pic shows exactly where the ES "control arm bushing" set goes. The sleeve is outer part of the bushing because the ES set doesn't come with any metal sleeves at all. You need to burn the existing bushing out or use a hole saw or a combination of the two for the small bushing side. Then the larger bushing just presses right into the hub once you remove the bushing and sleeve there too.
Here is exactly what you get for the Contour in the set:
ES2.jpg

Erick --

how much are these (post #42)?

and what ever happened to finding out where the bushings for the toe arm and main arm (number(S) 4 in the link from the 1st post)? Because i myself will be sand blasting those pieces and imagine that i will mess the rubber up.

Yes, that pic shows exactly where the ES "control arm bushing" set goes. The sleeve is outer part of the bushing because the ES set doesn't come with any metal sleeves at all. You need to burn the existing bushing out or use a hole saw or a combination of the two for the small bushing side. Then the larger bushing just presses right into the hub once you remove the bushing and sleeve there too.
Here is exactly what you get for the Contour in the set:

Erick --

Okay, I just picked up a set off eBay. Let me make sure that I am understanding what you are saying. Basically, I need to save the sleeve to use on the smaller bushings, but I can discard the sleeve used on the larger bushings as they fit into the hub as-is?

Back