• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ebay rotors

loc0gring0

Veteran CEG'er
i need to rotors so i was looking on ebay and theres a bunch of different brands of rotors. looking for cross drilled and slotted.. anyone have anything to say about ebay rotors? good bad? what kinds should i get?

The issue I have with a lot of rotors is they get "warped". I buy mine from Advance/Autozone, so it's not a big deal, I can exchange them for new ones easily. When your eBay rotors warp after 300 miles, what are you going to do? Mail the 30 pounds of them back and not use the car for a couple weeks?

I'm running ebay (i'll have to look for the link) slotted/drilled on mine and after about a year with them on their warped. I do like the look of them but i may end up going with blanks when I replace them later this summer.

ive got the x drilled and slotted rotors on the back after a year their beat up and they were ssupposed to be rust free, thats a lie! and the fronts didnt fit. and i didnt feel like shipping hem back, so i got a set of calipers from grreg that fit them, i think there for a fsvt focus.

I do like the look of them but i may end up going with blanks when I replace them later this summer.

Blanks are much better at holding up to heat and not warping. Get Brembo blanks if you have the option since they are beefiest ones you'll find.

ive got the x drilled and slotted rotors on the back after a year their beat up and they were ssupposed to be rust free, thats a lie! and the fronts didnt fit. and i didnt feel like shipping hem back, so i got a set of calipers from grreg that fit them, i think there for a fsvt focus.

Every brand of rotor will rust. You need to paint them to keep the rust away. As some of the paint chips away, just paint it again.

I have the same rotors on my car from 2004 and they still look great.

And you obviously didn't buy SVTC rotors. They are all the same size. The only change was pad, caliper, and bracket setups depending on the year SVT.

Focus SVT rotors are a totally different size and will not fit as a direct bolt on.

Andy, come take a look at the cross-drilled and slotted rotors i have on my SVt the next time you are here...

They are EBAY rotors, had them on this car for 5000 miles, and the Cougar before for 5000 miles... they are Zinc coated, not rusty at all, except where the pads touch (of course) after it rains, and they are NOT warped at all...

Just go with a VERY, VERy good feedback seller for rotors, and ask them questions about their product if you aren't sure about them...

I have had EBay pads and rotors on my car for a good 6000+ miles and I have no complaints. The seller was R1 and the package price was great, only problem was they sent pads for a 98 tour SVT rather than my 99 and had to buy front pads. No complaints, no rust.

Should've shown you when I was out there myself.

I have ebay drilled and slotted rotors too... and thier zinc coated and thiers no rust....bought ceramic pads to.....after 8000 miles pads and rotors look almost brand new.

The issue I have with a lot of rotors is they get "warped". I buy mine from Advance/Autozone, so it's not a big deal, I can exchange them for new ones easily. When your eBay rotors warp after 300 miles, what are you going to do? Mail the 30 pounds of them back and not use the car for a couple weeks?

I'm running ebay (i'll have to look for the link) slotted/drilled on mine and after about a year with them on their warped. I do like the look of them but i may end up going with blanks when I replace them later this summer.

I had some ebay ones on my silver car b4 the baer kit. fronts warped and even being drilled and slotted I got a friend at oriely(sp) auto parts to turn them for me just as you would a blank. not much needed to be removed and they were just fine after the shaving. cost like 10-15 ea.

I got the r1 concepts on my car and they look nice... Had them on the car for about 7-8k miles and still going. My buddy also bought them and no problems he has had it for about 1k miles.

GettingrdyforHoffman066.jpg

- amyn

did you flip the picture or did you put the rotor on backwards? I did that when I first put them on and realized that I had the rears in the right direction and the front weren't. :shrug:

Just wondering

did you flip the picture or did you put the rotor on backwards? I did that when I first put them on and realized that I had the rears in the right direction and the front weren't. :shrug:

Just wondering
looks like he put them on backwards. even if you flip the picture they would still be backwards. :troutslap: for amyn :D:D

looks like he put them on backwards. even if you flip the picture they would still be backwards. :troutslap: for amyn :D:D
The outside slots do not matter, you have to go by the internal veins. If the internal veins are the same as the slots, then hes got em on backwards.

The outside slots do not matter, you have to go by the internal veins. If the internal veins are the same as the slots, then hes got em on backwards.
actually the outside slots do matter, just not as much as people think they do. and i sure as hell cant see the inside vanes to tell if they are backwards or not. if the slots arent cut the same as the internal veins then they are :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty rotors anyways.

and FWIW, most blank rotors internal veins arent curved so it doesnt matter which side of the vehicle they go on anyways. I assume that most drilled/slotted rotors are the same way.

and FWIW, most blank rotors internal veins arent curved so it doesnt matter which side of the vehicle they go on anyways. I assume that most drilled/slotted rotors are the same way.

Exactly what I was gonna say. They should be clearly marked FL or FR if they are directional.

Wow, was just asking. From what I remember they werent marked but I didnt look. Will have to look when I rotate my tires. I messed up putting mine on and had the front like the pic and the rear facing the front so the slots worked from the inside of the rim to the out, toward the tire. My opinion is thats the way they should be for cooling them.

The opposite way, or the pic above just seems to be more of a trap rather than cooling. My 2 pennies as I said, I messed up putting mine on so thats why I asked.

Sorry If I started another thread :shrug:.

Back