• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dragon Run 09'...poll for when to run it this year.

Dragon Run 09'...poll for when to run it this year.

• Sept 10th thru 13th (Thur-Sun)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sept 17th thru 20th (Thur-Sun)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With all of those lights you better be in front. And leave the rear fogs turned off, we can see you just fine!

With all of those lights you better be in front. And leave the rear fogs turned off, we can see you just fine!

Gotta leave the rear fogs on because its kinda like a "beacon in the nights":shrug:, especially out there where its pitch black! I've added yellow Lamin-X to my headlights and fogs, so the car looks a bit different, but the light output is still great. BTW I've now got Viper-style stripes in white that go over the entire front bumper, bonnet, boot and rear bumper and for the roof I've gone with metallic dark green, stole the idea from the MINI Challenge car. If/when I get the front driving lights they will be about 6-6.5" in circumfrence and covered in the same yellow Lamin-X that I currently have, this way its all uniform.

Now, has anyone gotten any other recruits to go down there with us:confused: I know its early to get a commitment from some people, but when it comes to vacation time its a good thing because you lock up the time now so you're not scrambling at the last minute.

I am going to start calling your car "Christmas tree" with all the lights you are adding/already have!:laugh:

I am going to start calling your car "Christmas tree" with all the lights you are adding/already have!:laugh:

Well I better get some LEDs then since those are real popular during the Christmas holidays, but how about the star that goes on top...:shrug: I got it, I need the Rally Monte Carlo sign up top like the old rally Mini had back in the mid 60's, what do you think:
C2807MorrisMiniCooper1967MonteCarloRallyWinner.jpg

Wait, that's an actual toy car, how about this one then:eek:
1967-austin-mini-cooper-montecarlo-copy.jpg

I think I found the perfect light set-up for the night running of the Dragon!
792px-Mini_Cooper_S_1964.jpg

Wait, no, this one instead!
BMW-Mini-Rally-Car-%5BAutosport-2004%5D-400.jpg

Maybe we all take a year off and try this road out!!!
new_classic_monte3.jpg

I've thought about this for some time now and it would add to the cost of the Dragon run a bit, but what do you guys think about a magnetic sign on our doors for our Dragon run done like this? Don't think we'd get into trouble using its likeness, but it would look cool and show everyone we're together and make for a great photo opt on those guys sits that take all the pics! It would be something to show all the other CEG-ers out there as to what level our Fall Run has come to!

Here's your sign!
rallye%20monte%20carlo%201968%20number%2025%20plate.jpg

I know we have some creative people out there, Hectour, and we certainly have the connections as to where to go to make the magnetic signs (Parkedcar) I don't see this damaging anyones car as I wouldn't want that for sure. So what do you guys think about this, suggestions for the sign, the idea, another idea, etc? Lets just grow this a bit bigger, no competition with SZ or anything, but maybe an alternative to it and/or something closer for those down in the southeast area of the country.

Maybe I need this?!

Maybe I need this?!

67montside66d.jpg

This way I could put a couple used tires from the back of an Exige 240S mounted on my stock rims that I use for the winter up top and the other two in the boot area. Once out there, I could pull over, remove the street tires and then have a bit more grip out there and add to the experience:laugh:

Wetting the whistle a bit!

Wetting the whistle a bit!

For your viewing pleasure, or a tool for the recruits!
dragon1024.jpg

100_0564.jpg

TailOfTheDragon.jpg

1000327mediumpg1.jpg

DSC00433.JPG

I know this makes you guys all wanna go right now and well, I'm sorry about that:shrug::cool:

consider me recruited!

First thing you wanna do is change your yellow color in your screen name, thanks! Secondly, where do you live and tell us all a little about your ride and welcome to the CEG:cool: Lastly, if your completely sure about wanting to go with us in the fall, check out all the dates, check your scedule and then vote as you wish, thank you!

First thing you wanna do is change your yellow color in your screen name, thanks! Secondly, where do you live and tell us all a little about your ride and welcome to the CEG:cool: Lastly, if your completely sure about wanting to go with us in the fall, check out all the dates, check your scedule and then vote as you wish, thank you!
LOL @ Roger. That is Jerry, you know Jerry, with the GG Evo.:shrug::laugh:

Like I was supposed to know that:troutslap::troutslap::troutslap: and now that we've got that out of the way, Jerry, cast your vote and again, welcome to the CEG (Car Enthuisist Group) BTW, go ahead and post some pics of your car too, its one sweet ride and just to let you guys know, this guy is a professional driver, but I'll let him tell you all about his cred!

Fuel tank for the 86 is in transit. Very close to the road now. :cool: Very low compression has me worried I'll have to rebuild the head though. This motor only has like five moving parts, right? :shrug:

sorry roger. i just noticed the yellow. it sucks.

well. my names jerry. i drive a crappy mitsubishi. lol. i live in chicago. and i will vote as soon as i know for sure whats going on with my schedule. im willing to take off whenever i need to.
ill post pics of my car soon. its ok to post them here right.

bw%20shop.jpg
well. i couldnt figure out how to change the color on my name. but i do have a couple older pics. i need to take some new ones.

dsc008806332273.jpg

dsc087853318930sb2.jpg

dsc009276347046.jpg

img25836033682tc9.jpg

at the dragon
dsc024407639620jx2.jpg

img80047624921js2.jpg

pikes peak
mr806pikesjumpdz0.jpg

mr806pikestp8.jpg

Oooo, construction of embankments!

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

GuardRailBerm2.jpg

I'm sure those will look pretty good and not interfer with the surroundings at all and will add a level of safety right there that didn't exisist before, a win win IMO:shrug: Now I just hope they're done with them by the end of April when the MINI invasion happens down there, especially that dirt on the side of the road...I'm sure it will!

Reviewing the voting, reading what Jerry said and counting my buddy has us nearing the upper teens for amount of cars, now this is good for sure and more are welcomed but Hectour and I were talking yesterday and IIRC I brought this up before, is the ability to break up the groups into two, but not like you might think, check it out. We'd have one group head out at whatever time and the second group head out about 15 minutes later. We'd still meet up at one of the two meeting sites at the end of the real part of the Dragon, one would be where that cop busted the family in the Jag and the other is where that lake has dried up to do the dam. What do you guys think about this, suggestions are welcome and can you believe it, we've just about got the weekend picked BEFORE SZ this year:cool:

One group, two groups, whatever. :shrug: If we go as one we'll end up in two anyway. If people really want to split that's fine by me. We'll just need things to be more planned out so people don't get lost.

Back