• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Double Din?

Steeda...

Something Like a Professional
DSC01137.jpg

DSC01138.jpg

DSC01139.jpg

I left the trim right silver for right now. It will be black

wow jason! I was thinking about somthing like that and how sweet it would look! cant wait too see the end result :drool:

question is do i leave the ring silver? or paint it black or possibly bronze?

heres what it looked like last week
DSC01121.jpg

I like the silver. I say stick with it.

It would look good with other silver mods in the interior. (pedals, Cougar shift knob, door sills, etc.)

There will def not be a how to. But you could pay me to to it, althought it would be alot of money.

Good work, steeda!

The silver looks like it gives a nice contrast on the border...i say keep it silver unless it sticks out too much once on the car.

Leave it silver and paint some silver accents in the car!

Say, for example, outline the plastic door pieces in silver, maybe the raised portion of the trim right around the instrument cluster?

And, why not get a Pre-98 console and put the HVAC down in the cubby hole or remove the lighter and ashtray and put it there?

Possibilities are endless with that! You could go outrageous with a pre 98 console by cutting out the holder thing and lighter/ashtray... there is a second double DIN area you could fill with the HVAC and some other 1 DIN item (switches?).

In any case, that is seriously t**s dude!

Oh, and maybe get a Cougar HVAC? I have one on the way that I'm going to test out (plugs look the same on the back, just has the temp and fan switches on opposite sides).

Back