• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Doing a 3L swap for the first time

Ok so my trans blew out on my SVT so since i was pulling it out i just said screw it ima do a 3L swap. Now i need to know what the process is and what motor i need and any mod nessacery to make it run. I have a 1998 CSVT, im going to do a full 3L . Ive found a 3L out of a 04 Taurus doch and eighth vin digit S. Is that the right motor?

yes thats correct. to do a full 3l in an eo you will need the npg fuel rail adaptor if you want to use the correct injectors, as well as injector harness adaptors. you can use your stock injectors but they are on the edge of sufficent as well as the wrong spray pattern. you will also need a tune, no way around that on a full 3l. a full 3l tends to cost a little more because of the extra parts needed. if you're looking to do it on the cheaper side a ported 3l might be better for you, it doesnt require the fuel rail adaptor or a tune right away, and looks stock too.

Back