• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cracked glass?

Wow insurance is cheap for you guys. I need to shop around now that more is offered in Mass. When I picked my policy, only a select few offered insurance in Mass. 20 y/o, clean record (nothing at all), first policy on my own, FULL coverage on a 99 SE with 100k... get ready for it... $2400!

In June it will drop to around $1500. It sucks. I put 20% down up front since it is my first policy of my own and I still pay around $200 a month for I believe 9 months. Somethin like that.

Wow insurance is cheap for you guys. I need to shop around now that more is offered in Mass. When I picked my policy, only a select few offered insurance in Mass. 20 y/o, clean record (nothing at all), first policy on my own, FULL coverage on a 99 SE with 100k... get ready for it... $2400!

In June it will drop to around $1500. It sucks. I put 20% down up front since it is my first policy of my own and I still pay around $200 a month for I believe 9 months. Somethin like that.

full coverage on my SVT with me at the age of 21 is 2k a year. only one moving violation. mine will not drop until i am 25:blackeye:

full coverage on my SVT with me at the age of 21 is 2k a year. only one moving violation. mine will not drop until i am 25:blackeye:

Ouch...is Illinois typically expensive for insurance...I just don't understand why I get it so much cheaper than anyone else my age seems to. My girlfriend pays a few hundred a month, but she has a few violations.

My 2000 zetec is 1800 full coverage for the year. Delaware is ridiculous.

Devan- I'd say do the salvage yard thing. It will be your cheapest fix.

Ouch...is Illinois typically expensive for insurance...I just don't understand why I get it so much cheaper than anyone else my age seems to. My girlfriend pays a few hundred a month, but she has a few violations.

Cook, DuPage, and Will counties (Chicago and suburbs) have the highest insurance rates in Illinois. When you get outside those counties, the rates fall pretty fast. Here in central Illinois, the rates are pretty low, similar to rural Iowa I would imagine. Think about it... State Farm is located here in central Illinois (in Bloomington). You wouldn't think the actuaries and corporate rate setters would set the rates very high for friends and family, or themseves, do you? :shrug:

When I moved up to Chicagoland after college, I kept my car registered at my mom's. My insurance was less than half what it would have been if it was at my actual residence. Also, by keeping my registration downstate, I never had to get tested for emissions. That all changed after I bought a different car ('88 Mustang LX 5.0). Insurance jumped and I had to get emissions tested after that.

Cook, DuPage, and Will counties (Chicago and suburbs) have the highest insurance rates in Illinois. When you get outside those counties, the rates fall pretty fast. Here in central Illinois, the rates are pretty low, similar to rural Iowa I would imagine. Think about it... State Farm is located here in central Illinois (in Bloomington). You wouldn't think the actuaries and corporate rate setters would set the rates very high for friends and family, or themseves, do you? :shrug:

hahaha...good point.

When I moved up to Chicagoland after college, I kept my car registered at my mom's. My insurance was less than half what it would have been if it was at my actual residence. Also, by keeping my registration downstate, I never had to get tested for emissions. That all changed after I bought a different car ('88 Mustang LX 5.0). Insurance jumped and I had to get emissions tested after that.

I still have my car listed at my parents' address, which saves me around $80 a year.

how do you know when you should be paying full coverage or just liability on your car?

It's a judgment call on your part, but look at what you're paying for premiums in a year versus what it would cost to replace your car. It's a good idea to have some emergency cash set aside for anything, and in this case you could get liability only for your car and rely on your emergency cash to repair/replace your car if you get into an accident that's your fault.

good call

good call

It's a judgment call on your part, .

I guess the only reason i keep full coverage on my car is because of anomalies such as hitting a deer or causing damage to my car myself. and without full coverage you would be dead in the water. but like you said its up to me in the end whether its a good idea or not. And i'm very much on the teetering point on whether or not my car is worth the full coverage or not anymore. It still looks good! but it definitely has more problems than it should.

Back