• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

coilover opinion

The only difference that KSport will offer over D2, is the RR coilovers, which you can choose your own spring rates. Other than that, D2s and the Kontrol Pros are literally the same, just different color.

I ordered my KSport 2 years ago for 800 shipped. Try ebay vendors first. I found one for 895 or Best offer, I made an offer and he said if I can pay immediately, he'll take it. Sure enough, I did.

2 years ago $800 was fair, now they are all at least 1,150 pretty much everywhere. I've been watching their prices rise for a while now, 877.50 shipped is the best deal out there on them.

I'd use the site you ordered from them as leverage and offer 850 to one of the vendors on eBay, and see what they say. If they decline, that website you ordered is definitely the way to go.

That website just e-mailed me back saying the price is now 1098 and they are not honoring that price that was listed. At that price it's like it was last time I looked, the D2 kit being cheaper than the Ksports.

Yeah I can't really go as low anyway, I'll do it once, but other than that I'll be trying to get as close to max ride height as possible, mostly for winter. If I can easily adjust ride height then I may just slam it in summer and raise it back up in winter, but I live in rural PA and most of our roads are terrible.

With that, the newer style D2s don't go as low as the KSports do. From what Sean has told me, since he has the newer style D2s

So ksports are the better option then? Better spring rates and more adjustability? I'd like to keep the car pretty low, the roads here are not to bad and I had my Xrunner sitting pretty low with little issues. Accept for the occasional massive speed humps lol.

The fronts are easily adjustable. The rears take a little bit longer as the bottom seat into the knuckle is what adusts height, so you'd have to seperate the knuckle and coilover to adjust the height.

GIT-R-DONE, the RR version is more expensive since you can choose your own spring rates. If you've seen my car, I can actually go lower still lol

Ah, well it still wouldn't be too bad of a job I'd assume, could be done in a short amount of time, so that's probably what I'll end up doing. I also don't have an SVT so my body work is slightly higher anyway meaning I'd need less lift to get it to a safe ride height for winter.

Ah, well it still wouldn't be too bad of a job I'd assume, could be done in a short amount of time, so that's probably what I'll end up doing. I also don't have an SVT so my body work is slightly higher anyway meaning I'd need less lift to get it to a safe ride height for winter.

Be aware the highest setting on these coil overs are still about 1-2" lower then stock. They don't have that much adjustment... which is why I sold my Ksports. I had the same idea as you at the time. Settings are low or lower ;)

Yeah, I'm aware, thanks though, but if you want any kind of performance suspension it's going to be a drop, and a while ago I remember reading it was roughly a minimum of 1.2" of drop on these. Like I said, I have an SE, so my body work is not as low as an SVTs and very cheap to replace if anything happens to it, if it's an inch or 2 lower and I can't drive in the snow, I honestly probably wasn't going to go anywhere anyway. I live in a very hilly area :laugh:.

D2's arrived today, I highly recommend www.raceinspired.com for them, great price, free shipping, ordered on a thursday received on monday. D2's look sweet though, can't wait to put them on. One question, what was the method you used for initial adjustment of the adjustment knobs? I saw a sample install guide that mentioned something about putting them in and turning them a specified amount and that was full soft IIRC and then it was like 9 full turns to full hard or something, can anyone chime in?

36 way dampening. All the way to the left (counterclock wise) is full soft, right is stiff, totalling 36 clicks in between. When installing the rears, install them with the dampening tools IN the strut already. Because you will not be able to fit it in if you don't.

Cool, thanks, I knew about the rear adjustment knobs after researching yours and others installs on D2s and Ksports. One more question on height adjustment, I see on the rears how it threads the strut body out of the bottom part that sits in the knuckle, but the fronts are different and from what I can decipher from the broken english in the little manual that came with it they want me to adjust the height with the lower perch, not the top one, I haven't put them in yet so obviously I can't hold the strut as well as the knuckle can but it seems to me that both spring perches don't move together, one must be adjusted before the other and then the other is threaded to that and tightened to stop it from spinning. Do I adjust the top perch and then thread the bottom up to it to lock it in place? Or do they spin together and I only adjust the bottom perch?

Back