• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Clutchnet failure with 6K miles... discuss pics inside...

When you drive the car, do you rest your foot on the clutch pedal? Not saying putting any pressure on it, just setting your foot on it...

don't see how that is going to make any difference. I normally keep my foot on the clutch pedal. got 228k out of what i believe is the orginal clutch on my 95 .... and the clutch still grabbed hard.

don't see how that is going to make any difference. I normally keep my foot on the clutch pedal. got 228k out of what i believe is the orginal clutch on my 95 .... and the clutch still grabbed hard.

With your foot on the pedal, its puttin pressure on the TOB. So the TOB is turning constantly. Spins too much and the bearings get hot. Causing premature failure

To me, the clutch looks fine, other than the big line on the flywheel side of the disk.

With your foot on the pedal, its puttin pressure on the TOB. So the TOB is turning constantly. Spins too much and the bearings get hot. Causing premature failure

To me, the clutch looks fine, other than the big line on the flywheel side of the disk.

I agree. I think I'd like to see the flywheel. Looks like there was a high or low spot on the flywheel.

I dont have pics of the flywheel anymore but the flywheel was an OEM brand new SVT flywheel... not a resurfaced one.

my bet is on something being left or having gotten in the bell housing when everything was installed. It probably got stuck between the flywheel and the clutch disk... which would explain the wear. I'd bet money the flywheel has the same wear...

Back