• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

black dash?

Where did you get the dye ? Not at an auto parts store right?

I used a spraybomb dye made by Duplicolor. It works extremely well, and I did my carpet, dash, panels, everything. My buddy also did his Focus dash and its held up for the last 3 years now with only one scratch (without clearcoating, its as easy as spraying overtop to fix it)

It sprays very well, and even.

duplicolor.jpg

You can get it in tan, blue, red, gloss black and satin black as well.

sean, i read your whole thread today. just wondering if that stuff is a glossy or flat finish or somewhere in between. and if you were going to clear it, would you use a regular clear or a matte clear?

I used something VERY similar from Duplicolor. I painted my Grey focus interior black with it. It held up for a solid 2 years with only a couple scratches. Then it was sold.

sean, i read your whole thread today. just wondering if that stuff is a glossy or flat finish or somewhere in between. and if you were going to clear it, would you use a regular clear or a matte clear?

I used the gloss black dye. I dont plan to clearcoat it as it would be terrible if i ever had to touch it up, where now i can just sppray overtop and its as good as new. it has a nice gloss finish, but if i ever did clearcoat, id probably try out a matte gloss first to see how it turns out. if it was still shiney black but not super glossy, id probably choose that. if it makes it totally flat, id go with a gloss clear. looks more clean IMO.

The satin black finish looked too plain to me, my buddy used it on his sentra dash and it looked good, but dull.

black dash, cougar wheel, black contour airbag, black centerconsole, carpet, SVT mats, etc. interior still not completed in this photo obviously, but you get the idea..

100_1451.jpg

Back