• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

black dash?

newguyhooah

CEG'er
was there ever a black dash made for the 98-00 contour? I found a few dashes at the local scrap yard and can not find a black one. I might just get the tan one and paint or cover it. Please let me know befor I buy. Oh and is 100$ for a pulled dash too much? Thx

$100 really isn't bad (for here anyway), especially if they pull it. Anywhere around Des Moines, they're $200. Go to north eastern Iowa and they're $75/$100. My in-laws live up there, so I'm planning on pulling one when I go up this summer sometime.
And, no, SVT's didn't come in black. Just tan and blue.
Erick --

Was black ever a color for any contour? They have a 98 silver/midnight in my local yard too! Ruff shape but has some things left. They have a Tan dash in a regular mystique that is in great shape that I maight get.

but there is a grey interior for the non SVTs right?

Correct, they actually had some very nice grey leather interiors - I posted about some I saw at the junk yard a couple years ago, might have a pic.......

post 98, non -svt grey leather interior, graystone

DSC_0551.jpg

DSC_0549.jpg

pink... you guys suck! I know the svt only had two colors but any other mystique or contour. I had seen some pics with a blk dash thats why I asked. anyways..thanks!

Man i really like that grey interior,might swap the midnight blue out and put in the full grey in my svt if they made a eo style dash that didnt curl up lol....i wanted a lighter interior since i dont have a/c and im in 106 deg here but i wish they made svt style seats in grey i hate to give up the seats

I dyed my dash. It looks 100% OEM and factory, and haven't had any problems. I didn't clearcoat overtop but its an option if you are prone to scratching it up

Back