• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Best clutch kits for turbo or supercharged cars

i just bought a stage 3 clutchnet kit for my n/a 3l. the svt clutch kit i have on it would slip if i revved up and dropped clutch such as to launch. or very fast and hard shifting at the strip. other then that, daily driving, slow but meduim shifting as long as the rpm's would drop it would be find.
thats why i went with the stage 3. i wanna be able to get the most out of my power at the strip and on the coarse. without having any slipage

im not retarded. i know what the threads about.
many people use stage 3 for their FI. and for me its bit of overkill but i do plan on goin FI sometime.

yeah dont see the pics actually. never had a meltdown as such. it would be a no brainer, i wouldnt use a spec after seeing that. did it slowly come apart or just blow up? was it chattering all the way thru or something?

I think that I posted all of the pictures again. It slowly happened over time.

every so often it would chatter. sometime it would make noise. otherwise the only indication there was a problem was that I couldn't shift while the car was running.

interesting. i want to figure out why i had these random chatters also. towards the end i got slippage. thats an obvious sign.

Was surfing through my imageshack account and found these pics, pretty much what Brapple posted already....

clutchkit1.jpg

clutchkit2.jpg

Back