• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BArgain suspension

LOLz

Nobody is arguing that you can't use cheaper (KYB/Monroe) struts and lowering springs, BUT just because you don't have any issues with them (yet), doesn't mean countless others haven't.
If these parts work for you, that's great and I'm glad you saved a few bucks. I chose to go the route the majority of the senior members on here did, as I had the extra cash and wanted a bit more piece of mind. YMMV

i'm not arguing the fact that there aren't better suspension setups. a full koni suspension would be amazing. however i have never heard any positive comments from someone that has an SVT. i've been told that you can't use sensatracs with lowering springs (even though monroe disagrees) that they are crap and even seen comments claiming that they are built differently and make cars sit higher than stock. all i know is with my setup, i'm yet to have an issue, my contour handles better (and it's sad to say this) than my SHO did, and unless i'm pushing it stupid hard into one of the three hairpin turns that i have the fortune to have where i live, there is zero body roll. i'm not going to argue that other members here haven't had issues, just like when i first put in adjustable strut mounts. all i heard was they'll break and they're crap, blah, blah, blah. i have yet to have a problem with the mount. one thing i would like to point out that i think a lot of people forget is tires. your tires are part of your suspension and perhaps that's the problem, i've seen a good number of contours with super low profiles tires. i think (and this is just a thought that i've been pondering for a while now) that when you are using a tire that has such a low profile that there is now flex to the sidewall, it puts a lot of stress on the rest of your car, mainly your struts and mounts, there needs to be a little give there. and i also think that it's even worse when you're putting track time on the car, perhaps this is why people are having issues with sensatracs. i don't know.

Back