• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BAER Track Plus

No, in response to Todd's saying "everyone should do the upgrade"; Elraido was saying that he didn't have to, he was happy with his FSVT brakes.

He was just being stoopit about it:laugh:

They're just like any other caliper pretty much. Just pop in and out. The round openings are what the back of one pad slides into. The pad comes with a circular spring design.

I think he was agreeing with what you wrote and then adding additional diarrhea of the mouth (in text form!)

You know me too well. While I am sure they are fantastic for braking power, the cost of the kit is very high. The FSVT kit is a fraction of the cost and adds a good deal of better braking power over stock.

They're just like any other caliper pretty much. Just pop in and out. The round openings are what the back of one pad slides into. The pad comes with a circular spring design.

im just so spoiled with the brembo's...it's so easy!!! lol

You know me too well. While I am sure they are fantastic for braking power, the cost of the kit is very high. The FSVT kit is a fraction of the cost and adds a good deal of better braking power over stock.

If you own both like I do then you understand the advantage of the Baers. Take both sets to the track and see which is better. My 13" will not fade. Hit the stop button and hope your eyes don't fly out.

Baer>floating style caliper any day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_369-jgAScA

Baer = :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Feb09TurboInstall181.jpg

DO IT!!!! I need Seat harnesses because these things will throw you into your windshield if your not ready for the stop!

- amyn

Aren't all brakes?

i dunno...the stock svt ones weren't that bad but still had to remove the caliper and wrestle with the spring clip.

the ones on my car now just remove wheel, pop out two pins and pull the pads out the top of the caliper. it's mindless. :laugh:

If you own both like I do then you understand the advantage of the Baers. Take both sets to the track and see which is better. My 13" will not fade. Hit the stop button and hope your eyes don't fly out.

Baer>floating style caliper any day.
I am not arguing the performance of the Baers at all, just the cost. The are with out a doubt better performing and looking but the cost is the part that sticks you.

Does Baer make a 2-piece stock replacement rotor for FSVTs? They might as they make the Eradispeed rotors for stock replacement. I always thought of that if I did the NPG kit.
-J

you cannot turn two-piece rotors (or one piece baers for that, but i know todd has turned his and hasnt had any problems)

Oh, so Baer pays someone minimum wage to sit at a table with a die grinder and machine rotors to tolerance. :help:
I'm sure someone with a bridgeport and a rotary table could do a bang up job if your standard brake lathe won't cut the mustard. Boils down to, where there is will, there is a way.

Ok so while we're on the topic of brakes... What about comparing say the Baer kit to the TCE/Wilwood 13" kit?

Anyone have the TCE kit that would maybe like to post some pics? :)

Oh, so Baer pays someone minimum wage to sit at a table with a die grinder and machine rotors to tolerance. :help:
I'm sure someone with a bridgeport and a rotary table could do a bang up job if your standard brake lathe won't cut the mustard. Boils down to, where there is will, there is a way.

you CANNOT resurface the rotors!!!! (according to baer) the baers are a composite rotor. look this ish up before you post. go to any shop with a set of those rotors and ask for them to be resurfaced. no one will do it. the only ones i would consider resurfacing are the 1 piece blank rotors. even those you're not supposed to turn.

Back