• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Avast yeee... The Pearl has come home.

You can drive it. Hope I can get the motor before the end of the month... still Need to get with Dom over at FCO for some custom ground cams..

So shift pattern is still the same way right? This would just mess with my mind too much....and my left hand is damn near useless except for one thing.

shift pattern is the same..

I just installed a short shifter in the other day... we shall see how it looks with the reverse pre98 center console. That should mess with your mind even more.

console 2..JPG

Very cool. Ok...you were right....you did out do anything I had in store for SZ this year. But just wait ol' man....this aint over!!

Very cool. Ok...you were right....you did out do anything I had in store for SZ this year. But just wait ol' man....this aint over!!

Thanks !!

Unreal, I would have never expect seeing this.

Me neither it was all my brothers idea... I just said what the heck let's do it.

••••ty that the door panels don't match up with the dash lines.

True its because the mondeo dash is considerably shorter than the american dash because of DOT regulations. The door panels from a mondeo will work as long as the front door length of the Mondeo isnt longer than that of the Contour

lol

It sucks that I couldnt use the mondeo dash harness. Set me back about $150 but as soon as it arrived I knew it wasnt going to work. There were so many more connections to that harness vs the american one it was eye boggling.

Im still going to try to encorporate the digital climate control module...

I knew what this was already, but I am still blown away! Great work Sam, I hope you finish it in time.

I still liked how he's S.O.L. on opening the rest of the windows :). The care looks great in person.

Is/ Was there ton of work to do in the engine compartment as well?

Engine compartment is really untouched. I needed to modify the wiper and cabin air filter well because both had to be switched around. Other than that it was straight forward in the engine bay. The mondeo a/c unit is about 2-3 inches closer to the US driver side so I had tio modify the holes in the firewall to accomodate.

I still liked how he's S.O.L. on opening the rest of the windows :). The care looks great in person.

Haha yea thats something Im going to have to live with for now. Once I get everything complete I might swap everything over but I dont really worry about that.

Sam, You put that car back together wrong!

You know I always do something wrong in the end.

Back