• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Avast yeee... The Pearl has come home.

svttour

Rico Suave
A few months ago I bought my first T-green SVT after 16 other SVTs and 10 years searching. Ths car came from the NE crowd. Getsum111, I received it late last night and I was at the shop til 4am pullin Pole120 hours.. My brother decided to stop by remove his fuel tank baffle and my friend Henry the security guard always hangs out infront of my shop and jumps into any project I have brewing... I like having armed security by my side at those crazy times in my hood.

The car is filthy from her voyage from PA to FL. but she is here now never to continue rusting. Ive got my work cutout for me on that note. The bottom of the car looks like the Titanic (lol pun)

Pics..DSC00276 (Small)..JPG.DSC00265 (Small)..JPG.DSC00264 (Small)..JPG
DSC00266 (Small)..JPG
DSC00263 (Small)..JPG

oh yeah I couldnmt resis to remove the interior already for a good cleaning svttour style!

Oh yeah, it needs work - good price on it though and it will be a nice car when you are done......

I have no idea... this is grusome to me lol... time to invest in sand paper. People buy stock in 3M cuz ima buy a ton of sand paper lol.

Ugh... That is gruesome. I hate rust. Just started getting some on the Sables rear wheel wells. It's inevitable here, but man when you work on your own vehicle, southern cars absolutely ROCK.
Good luck with that one! I don't envy you at all. :)
Erick --

if you need any of this product let me know it's my uncle's product and i can have it direct shipped to you .. also if you call and order tell them it's from me that way he knows im being a good nephew and promoting his stuff lol ...

http://www.smfi.net/metal_restoration_products.html

it really works wonders ... i think it has a money back guarantee too i use it and never had any issues does amazing things with rust ;)

Thanks Ill keep that rust stuff in mind

as for PB blast I keep it stocked on the shelf.

I just teared up a bit. Was rough to ship her down, but Im so glad she's going to someone who will give the Pearl the attention she needs. Sam, not sure I mentioned the SVT poster on shelf. THe signatures are all from the SVT Engineers, and the one on the bottom right is the guy who desgined the SVT Contour.

You really are spoiled w/ rust, I guess. That wouldn't be considered too bad up here.

Good luck w/ her, I hope she treats you well.

Back