• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Autovation Pedals & Heal Plate GB!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They came, I saw, I installed...

autovation1gq8.jpg

autovationinstalledsy3.jpg

Looks good Mike. So what do you think about the heel guard on each side? Ricey?

Are yours mounted kinda far up to the pedals? Looks like there is some wear/soil marks behind the guard.

Well I went against everyone and got 2 heel guards and 1 Dead Pedal yesterday to finish off my "SVT etched" pedals.

Well I went against everyone and got 2 heel guards and 1 Dead Pedal yesterday to finish off my "SVT etched" pedals.

If the heel guards weren't so pricey, I'd buy a second one also. I think it will look great on both sides. Just make sure they are even with each other.

If the heel guards weren't so pricey, I'd buy a second one also. I think it will look great on both sides. Just make sure they are even with each other.

Well they were $49 instead of $69 so that's probably the cheapest they are going to get. I had him ship everything together so I only paid the $7 dollars or so in shipping once.

Exaclty the reason I got one. I have a spare set of brand new floor mats in boxes, but those are just for show. The ones in the car are there for all of my day to day driving, and my heal has been handing out a beating to that floor mat. This heal gaurd should work out nicely.

Brapple, did you rivet yours to the floor mat or use nuts/bolts, or something else I'm not thinking of...

the heel plate comes with machine screws and something kinda like a hollow wall mount ... but I cant think of the exact name at the moment .... anyway they are threaded in the center and are circular with three "teeth" that will grab the floor mat, either was it is very secure. for the dead pedal I just used the provided screws and sunk them into the carpet, seems to hold well enought.

I can't believe I did this but I ordered the DP and 2 heel guards in "competition" then once I received them I took a closer look and noticed my "SVT etched" pedals are actually machined at the top and bottom and have the "SVT" in the middle. The gas pedal is also machined but it is has some wear on it so you can't see the machining as much.

I e-mailed Jeff back and told him about my bonehead move and is letting me return them for the machined versions. I didn't even know the heel guards came in machined but he told me they can do it. I think I might be the only one w/ machined heel guards now. Niiiiice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back